Thread: Speed Vision

I was really hoping that the rumor about SV turning to an all asscar channel was just that, a rumor. After reading this article my heart sank. Solutions: armed conflict? boycotts? preemptive nuclear strike? hunger strike ( maybe Mike Benson would volunteer, but I guess I could use the weight loss)web page
    BMW 1200GS
    KTM Duke
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Husaberg FE400E
    Ducati 900SP

Thumbs down

I've seen this article. Kind of scary if they are scouting for a place to base the network already.

I hate to see SV change. But it seems some change is on the way. Maybe they won't take all other venues off SV and leave it all oval track.

The motorcycle racing venue is growing. And with PACE out there trying to bring it in big league like NASCAR they will need some outlet. Maybe FOX or ESPN2 will start to carry more of the load SV may be shucking in the future.

Speaking of motorcycle racing, anyone see the Brainerd races? What a riot! Everyone of them were great! MAN!! Dat wuz sum racin!
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Red face

quote:
    Originally posted by Bernie Caradec:
    SV turning to an all asscar channel ]

"Industry experts say the revamped Speedvision will emphasize NASCAR while incorporating other forms of racing and automotive collectors' shows. "

Great, more of the stuff I don't watch...

"Well Bob, he's setting up for a left turn, another one, another one, another one...wow 499 more exciting laps in this race."

Ick,

Daryl
    Daryl T - Austin Treasurer

XR1200 | KLR650 | XR400 | XR100 - stolen | DR-Z70s - stolen

Questions about the TSBA? Come to a meeting or email me!

quote:
    Originally posted by UberHawk:
    Great, more of the stuff I don't watch...

"Well Bob, he's setting up for a left turn, another one, another one, another one...wow 499 more exciting laps in this race."

There are a lot of folks that feel the same. Bernie's one of them [img]smile.gif[/img] Me? I like most forms of racing, including NASCAR. And there are several in this group that also like it.

It's not like my first and foremost form of racing. But have you ever been to one of the races? It's a wild show! If your a power junkie, and understand what it takes to move one of those passenger car's around in bumping traffic three abreast at 170 mph, then you can get what NASCAR is.

That said, I do not want to see SV change it's format and have signed the petition to try and stop it, more than once. It's been the best thing for gearheads since TV was invented!

This reminds me of the time they started an all Beatles radio station in Houston years ago. You just knew it would get old quick.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A