Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: *NOMINATIONS*

Originally posted by Louis Reinartz:
    I understand your reply....
    Louis, I for one, appreciate your concern for the San Antonio Chapter.

With that, I also want to inform you that we all spend alot of time with Gary, and we are very cognizant of his dedication and efforts with this chapter. The 2+ years I have been with this group has been rewarding, and I have enjoyed his leadership and direction in the club.

I empathize with his struggle to try and satisfy 100% of folks, when only 20% (or less) are not fully satisfied. I accepted the meager task (in comparison to running the club)of web administrator, and that challenged by time and nerves and I eventually stepped down.

If the majority of the San Antonio TSBA thought it necessary to "freshen" the leadership, it is not indicated above. Out of some 34 registered members, merely 8 have replied.

Fresh ideas are the responsibility of the membership to produce, not the leadership.

If I wanted a fresh idea enacted, I would voice my idea to the membership, lobby for support, and when folks take hold of the idea, leadership will act.

If ONE person would like something to go on, but does not lobby the membership for support, it is that persons failure, not leaderships failure.

Thank you kindly!

[ September 24, 2003, 18:45: Message edited by: James ]
    1998 VTR1000 SuperChicken
    -------------------------

Originally posted by Louis Reinartz:
    I understand your reply,however Gary has stated seveal times he is going to quit,needs to get away and let somebody else do it,going to start another ride group etc. If Gary does not step away and let the club move forward then change will never happen. The club needs a infusion of new people and ideas in leadership roles and there are people willing to step up to the plate and take the lead,however it is also a known fact that Gary has pushed plenty of people away from the club with his style and shall we say personality. The club will survive with out him "in control" and just might be all the better if there is a new group of people in leaderswhip roles.Gary is not the TSBA the members are and it would be a good thing for some new people to lead and understand the workings of the club and appreciate what Gary has done for so long for everyone. Change is good.
    Hey Dont you live in Houston? So its kinda moot point what you say over here in San Antonio about our elections right?

Gary is a respected member of TSBA, and as a person outside TSBA. I've heard nothing about starting another ride group from Stoops, and I talk to him on a regular basis, and consider him a good friend, so I dont know where you are getting this from, and even if he did, why would it matter to you or anyone else?

This thread is for nominations for officers for _THIS_ Chapter, not for you to come in here and spew a bunch of **** about a a long standing member of TSBA. This thread is not about "Gary Stoops", go away, you are out of line, this thread dosent concern you.
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
    temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.\"
    --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

While I love Race tracks and feel track days are a great way to improve your skills and I agree with everything you said.. Believe me, I atribute 90% of my riding ability on the years I spent road racing. Track days however, are nothing new to this club and are usually attended by all those who have a desire for it. My point being that I dont think anybody wants revolutionary change. some tweaks here and there are great. but I think there are those who act like they want a fundemental change in our club, and with that I completely disagree.
    BMW 1200GS
    KTM Duke
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Husaberg FE400E
    Ducati 900SP

This is the best thread I've seen here in a while ! It's really good to see the maturity and manners, as well as intellect being posted here. That said, I'd like to throw my hat in the ring for one of the open positions, preferrably that of Vice President. I've spoken at length with Gary about the direction that we need to go and I would enjoy being a part of this new leadership. All of the nominations I've seen are good ones and I would support any of them in any combination chosen, but I feel strongly that this is our club and participation by it's membership is the key to stability. We've all seen what can happen when we don't pay attention.
    I originally joined this club because I had just bought an extremely powerful motorcycle (CBRXX)and although I've been around bikes all my life, I had no idea how to handle that much speed. I found this group to offer safe, well organized and very enjoyable rides in some of the most beautiful country I've been in. As time progressed I became more confident, and maybe even a little cocky. Some of you know that I had a near fatal accident in January of 2002 (while not on a TSBA ride). I' ve always wondered why I was out with someone else, at the time we were riding, and why the hell I didn't ride with the TSBA that morning. (still kick myself in the *** for that one !) I agree strongly with John Roberts that track experience is the best way to truly appreciate what our motorcycles can do. However, riding with a group that stresses safety and a reserved-agressive riding style
    (The Pace) has taught me a tremendous amount as well. As I've stated on this board in the past, I've always been comfortable with the leadership we've had, so I feel that I pretty much represent the status quo. Let's keep this group fun, safe , relaxed and a benefit to all of it's members.

[ September 24, 2003, 20:07: Message edited by: Lance Reynolds ]
    Lance Reynolds
    \'04 Ducati MS4R
    \'01 YZ250F
    \'06 SA Chapter President

My point being that I dont think anybody wants revolutionary change. some tweaks here and there are great. but I think there are those who act like they want a fundemental change in our club, and with that I completely disagree
    Yeah I understand. Believe me I am not trying to start a revolution or have a desire to completely change the direction of the club. I hope it did not sound like I want to push to make it a requirement or be overly agressive about it. I really do think that skill improvement should be encouraged, and really do think the track with some formal instruction is the best place to do it. I'll stick to that opinion and stand on that soap box whether elected to an office or not. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It was in part encouragement from guys like Mike Benson that I went to my first track day. Plus at the track, Mike and Barron answered my questions, helped me out, etc. That is the kind of thing I am talking about, maybe just more of it.

For the record I also think Mike Benson, Dave Pitman and James T would make great officers. I also think Gary has done a great job overall and deserves praise, even though he WAS against the tire machine. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ September 24, 2003, 21:06: Message edited by: John Roberts ]
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
    John Roberts
    2000 Suzuki SV-650 track mistress
    1997 Kawasaki ZX-9R street shredder
    CMRA Racing Addict

Originally posted by Don H.:
    quote:
    Originally posted by John Roberts:
    Now, here are MY nominations:

Don Hohensee: President
    I do accept this nomination.......

My Previous Posted Platform- Link

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    My Nominations;

President - - - >John Roberts

Vice President - - - >Don Hohensee

Treasurer. - - - > Todd H. / Lance R.
    [/QUOTE]I will stick with this............my .02 worth............

[ September 24, 2003, 21:04: Message edited by: Don H. ]
    Don
    07' Goldwing 1800
    02' YZF 600R
    73' Volkswagen

(member # 2008)
    VOSA (0\ ! /0)

&

Well Don, I know that you had stepped up last month and believe you are a good candidate for the Pres. position. I also know John has expressed reservations about having the time to hold that office this year while finishing school, so I wouldn't want to see him shoe horned into the position without the benefit of having someone to run against. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So, for the position of Pres. I nominate Don H

For VP I would like to nominate Lance Reynolds even though he has already stood up for that position.

For Sec / Treas. I would nominate Rick Z

I will also accept James nomination for Sec / Treas. position.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Dudes....

President: name Has been nominated for one office are another [img]smile.gif[/img]

V-President: " " [img]smile.gif[/img]

Secretary/Treasurer: " " [img]smile.gif[/img]

See you at the polls

TillerNutt
    \02 BMW R1150 GS-Adventure
    \14 Yamaha FZ8
    \66 Ducati 160 monza Jr

>Where is that dictin....dicshi...dick... You know, that book with all those words in it!!!

Question

Originally posted by Gary Stoops:
    For Sec / Treas. I would nominate Rick Z

No Disrespect intended, but is he still a member?
    Just been awhile since I have seen him is all.. [img]smile.gif[/img]

One last question Gary............. Who is keeping track of all these "nominations" and the ones being accepted?

[ September 24, 2003, 22:16: Message edited by: Don H. ]
    Don
    07' Goldwing 1800
    02' YZF 600R
    73' Volkswagen

(member # 2008)
    VOSA (0\ ! /0)

&

Unhappy

Bernie says I can't even vote......I'm gonna go cry now
    Rick from Houston
    97 RM 250 Suzuki

Originally posted by r jarvi:
    I think he was joshing with ya Rick. You ride with us, cook our meals at IBI's (or at least provide a brother(in-law??), pay your dues to our chapter; and most importantly, let a squid like me ride your priller. Of course your vote counts.

Originally posted by r jarvi:
    lets go jump him , kick his a$$, take his bikes, ride them and get them all dirty and bring them back and then tell him you decided not to vote after all
    Don
    07' Goldwing 1800
    02' YZF 600R
    73' Volkswagen

(member # 2008)
    VOSA (0\ ! /0)

&

Ok, can someone make a list who's running for what? I think we should just skip this 'nominating' and have those who are interested in a position state such. We all could go on and on on why we think someone would be good for such and such position.

Or Gary, start another post for those who want to be in the running for a particular 'office'. Only those who are wanting to run should post within that post.

And no finger pointing, but could we PLEASE knock off the immature postings?! If you have an even slightly disrepectful post against someone, email or pm them, don't put it on the bbs. I'm really tired of that crap.

rant off...
    \'02 Mille

Originally posted by Chris:

And no finger pointing, but could we PLEASE knock off the immature postings?! If you have an even slightly disrepectful post against someone, email or pm them, don't put it on the bbs. I'm really tired of that crap.

rant off...
    I assume your making reference to the other TSBA Chapter post within this Chapter right ?
    Don
    07' Goldwing 1800
    02' YZF 600R
    73' Volkswagen

(member # 2008)
    VOSA (0\ ! /0)

&

No Disrespect intended, but is he still a member? Just been awhile since I have seen him is all..
    Yes of course he's still a member. He's been building a house for the last 10 months, but it's done now. And he's been the Treas. before.

One last question Gary.............Who is keeping track of all these "nominations" and the ones being accepted?
    I believe they are all listed in this thread and can be compiled towards the end of the nominations period.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Thumbs up

can you say house warming party........

No problm thanks for the answer "G" man.......
    Don
    07' Goldwing 1800
    02' YZF 600R
    73' Volkswagen

(member # 2008)
    VOSA (0\ ! /0)

&

NOMINATIONS UPDATE AS OF 9/25/2003

All of the nominations I have read so far are good ones and I would support any of them in any combination chosen; however, based on threads posted as of September 25, 2003 these are the nominations:

1st Nomination on the thread:
    President: John Roberts (Reply no time; however, will take it)
    V. President: Jim Olson
    Sec./Tres.: Gary Stoops

2nd Nomination on the thread:
    President: Don Hohensee (Accepted and Step up already)
    V. President: James Thomas (Decline)
    Sec./Tres. : David Pitman

3rd Nomination on the thread: (Any position does not matter Bernie Caradec)
    David Pitman
    Gary Stoops
    Mike Benson

4th Nomination on the thread:
    President: John Roberts
    V. President: Don Hohensee (Accepted, Also Step up for President position)
    Sec./Tres. : Todd H/Lance Reynolds

5th Nomination on the thread:
    President: John Roberts
    V. President: Don Hohensee (Accepted, Also Step up for President position)
    Sec./Tres: Gary Stoops (Accepted Nomination)

6th Nomination on the thread:
    Lance Reynolds step up for the V President position.

7th Nomination on the thread:
    President: Don Hohensee (Accepted and Step up already)
    V. President: Lance Reynolds (step up for the V President position)
    Sec./Tres.: Rick Z.

I believe the "unofficial" nominations are among the following members who have accepted or step up:

President: Don Hohensee, John Roberts
    V. President: Lance Reynolds, Don Hohensee
    Sec./tres. : Gary Stoops
    We have several names and have not post Acceptance/Decline yet.

Thank you,

Jorge Z.

[ September 25, 2003, 14:23: Message edited by: Jorge Z. ]
    Jorge_Z

I Am Who I Am. I would rather die standing than live on my knees.

Originally posted by Gary Stoops:
    I will also accept James nomination for Sec / Treas. position.
    Jorge, Gary accepted my nomination of him.

Oh, and thanks for the summary, great job!

[ September 25, 2003, 13:45: Message edited by: James ]

James,

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have edited and corrected my mistake. Trying to put the list together while backing up a data base, fixing an index and trying to figure .NET debugger!

Jorge
    Jorge_Z

Originally posted by Jorge Z.:
    James,

Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I have edited and corrected my mistake. Trying to put the list together while backing up a data base, fixing an index and trying to figure .NET debugger!

Jorge
    You a DBA? SQL? Oracle?

No James, I am a pc programmer working on technical support and testing our product, involves getting data files from clients etc.

Jorge
    Jorge_Z

Okay, here are my nominations.
    1. President: Kerry Leblanc

2. Vice President: I think we need two of these so I nominate Bernie Caradec and of course myself. (David Pitman)

3. Sec./tres. this job should be done by Gary Stoops. His name is on all the bank stuff and it would be easier to leave it that way.

We will be building a platform to run with that will be based loosly on bikes, beer, broads, and as always lots of fun.

See ya at the polls!

Later
    \"Full control is an illusion.\"

Kerry and myself accept this nomination (spoke to him Wed), and vow to stamp out: whine without cheese, Lack of a good time, sheep,Inflation, HIV, hairy women, and the biggest evil of them all.... Political correctness.
    BMW 1200GS
    KTM Duke
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Husaberg FE400E
    Ducati 900SP

Thanks for your brilliant politicizing. I would like to hear from all the Members in SA and find out what they want from there Club. For the most part I think most members are pretty content with the way things have gone in the past. I would like to see the members get together more often.
    Dinner and Cocktails at someones house maybe ever other month or something.
    Kerry Le Blanc

01 CR125
    00 KTM LC4
    03 V-Strom
    04 CRF250X
    04 Treck Liquid 30
    02 Kestrel KM40 Airfoil

What I believe we are aiming at is not to take everything and everybody so serious, and to make this Club a place where we can have a good time. I am not saying that we don't already have a good time, but lets have more of it. This was the main intention when we put this together years ago. Of course if people have ideas on things or events the club should take part in.. By all means lets here it! What we don't want to hear is a bunch of whining and bickering. There is no reason for it! We are all adults who are coming together for a common reason. We love to ride motorcycles and enjoy the company of other motorcyclists.
    BMW 1200GS
    KTM Duke
    Suzuki DRZ400E
    Husaberg FE400E
    Ducati 900SP