Thread: Someone Crashed on Blanco Rd. !!!

Not sure of the details, but someone crashed about a mile from Specht Rd on Blanco at about 8:30. All i know is that appears a deer was involved. Lots of bikes and cars stopped at the scene so i did not stop and see, but it could not have happened more than 5 minutes before i passed by !!
    Stoops was still at Spechts when i left so it was not him.

FYI.....
    KTM 690 Duke

Funny, how the cops stop the wheelies and stunt riding only to be taken out by a deer

By the way, this weekend at TWS races there will be stunt riding on Sunday after lunch on pit lane. Don't know who's doing the stunts.
    His Suzuki
    \'03 SV1000S - Rocked chipped in Biloxi
    \'01 SV650S - Miriam\'s
    XR80 & XR100 for Saturdays
    Home is where the Air Force sends you..

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Barron Haake:
    [QB]All i know is that appears a deer was involved.

Kerry showed after you left and said it had to be a deer. He said the road was just covered with blood! Yech! When I left Specht's around 9:30 there was still a cop up there with the bike. Waiting for a wrecker I guess. It was a all banged up, especially the front. Must have been deer. I heard the ambulance transported.

Used to be you only had to worry about them out the back way of Specht's!
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Bad night for bikes. guy/gal on a cruiser over by potranco and military were both killed. kens5 said they were speeding, and hit a stationwagon. No helmets, of course. By the look of the detached front wheel, and mangled frame, they didnt feel much. Looks like a freakin tractor trailer hit the car.

[ August 16, 2001: Message edited by: Joe P. ]
    "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little
    temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.\"
    --Benjamin Franklin (1706-1790)

Regarding the deer, my wife and I were about 200 yards away (in our vehicles) when it happened. Dude hit the deer square in the body...direct hit. With all the help around him there was no need to stay...he was on his knees and quite shaken up. An ambulance arrived within 5-8 minutes of the accident.