Thread: NADA values for cargo trailers?

Question NADA values for cargo trailers?

Does anybody here have access to NADA black book? The one that the dealers have? Not the one us consumers have access to. Do they have values for cargo trailers?
    David

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller

Go to your bank and have them look it up.
    Virge R Bagesse JR (Member # 1830)
    AMA Member 617033

2005 Honda VFR800

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein

That didn't work. Anybody else?
    David

Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller

Just use this, it should be good enough.

http://www.nada.com/
    AMA Member 617033

2005 Honda VFR800

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -- Albert Einstein

Thumbs down

Thanks Virge, I never would have thought to look for a website... Been there, done that, not good enough. Oh wait, not good at all because they don't have trailers in the consumer section. And I want the business values anyway.

Does anybody in business have access to the actual retailer books and do they have cargo trailer values?
    David

Where's John T when you really need him. Do you have John's phone number?
    AMA Member 617033

2005 Honda VFR800

I'd be surprised if there was an actual cargo trailer catagory for NADA. I do know they have listings for RV's and campers. Your best bet is to look at RV trader which also has listings for cargo trailers and get an idea what the going prices are for the type of trailer you're lookig for.
    Albie

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

Are you shopping for a trailer David? I've just begun that search here and used trailers don't exist.
    Makes me think that buying a new one wouldn't be so bad because it won't be hard to unload.
    Darren Carlson
    1987 Hurricane 1000 (Sold)
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131

thinking of selling mine, but want to know what a retailer would sell if for, not what retailers want you to think it's worth.
    David

Call around to some dealers and ask them if they will sell on consignment. If they will just tell them you have no idea what it is worth and see if they will give you a ballpark price. Might be a good place to start.
    AMA Member 617033

2005 Honda VFR800

Quote Originally Posted by DJN
    thinking of selling mine, but want to know what a retailer would sell if for, not what retailers want you to think it's worth.
    How big etc? I'm looking and if you're not in a hurry, this might work out.
    Darren Carlson
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131

I'm not decided 100% on selling, mind you now. Just gauging what it may be worth to help me make a decision. The thing is cherry and paid for, so it isn't like I have to sell it. It's probably way more than what you want anyway but here goes:

It's a 2001 Pace American 7x18, 3500# axles with brakes on one, HD ramp door in the back, an RV door on the right side (one that you can lock from the inside, not the stupid stock door that your friends lock you in your trailer with), checker board floor, 2-12v lights with a car battery mounted under the cabinets to light it up when disconnected, roof vent, and full length roll-down awning. Set up to haul four to five bikes depending on size with removeable chocks, built cabinets around a 42" toolbox and air compressor (toolbox and air comp have been taken out), stainless steel bench top with vice, and overhead storage.
    David

That's pretty close but 6' too long.

Nice trailer. I'd like everything else but a single axle is a 10-12' trailer.
    Darren Carlson
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131