Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: "they said hello"

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    5,250

    Default "they said hello"

    Recently I've touched base with a few of our wayword brothers.

    I got ahold of Johnny Bravo, and he's doing well. Playing with cars on the West side and staying busy. I didn't get an update on any futuring racing but I think the F4 is still in the garage? I promissed to set up a bowling night in the near future so he and Virge could battle it out. Keep your eyes peeled for that one, it should be fun.

    SuperSlo, Josh, the quite one.. 911 dispatcher.. yeah thats him! Heather and I bumped into him at Hooters a few months back. The new kiddo is taking up most of his free time but he and the new family are doing good.

    Crash, our favorite squid, I managed to track him down in Mexico. We didn't actually talk, something about Tracy and tequila, but we swaped some text messages they were living it up South of border on a much needed get-a-way. He mentioned scoping out some bike freindly hotels with courtyards to lock up the bikes if your brave enough to try your luck down there.

    I've got my net out still trying to catch a few others but good to know those guys are doing good and just wanted to pass on a hello.
    Justin R (member # 2296)
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Plano, TX
    Posts
    2,631

    Default

    Holy crap Johnny Bravo's still around!! If'n ya run into him again, let him know I said HEY!! I'll come bowling only if I can bowl granny-style
    Zukidog March 2, 2003 - November 6, 2006

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    5,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cass View Post
    Holy crap Johnny Bravo's still around!! If'n ya run into him again, let him know I said HEY!! I'll come bowling only if I can bowl granny-style
    Granny-style is round two, after a few pitchers of beer.
    Justin R (member # 2296)
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
    Granny-style is round two, after a few pitchers of beer.
    At what point does the shot-put style power bowling start?

    Johnny B still have his red Magnum PI toy?
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Arlington
    Posts
    5,250

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miykl View Post
    At what point does the shot-put style power bowling start?

    Johnny B still have his red Magnum PI toy?
    Heather shot-puts from frame one

    I'm not certain, but would bet the third garage is still occupied.
    Justin R (member # 2296)
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dauphin, MB
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Good job Justin. Very considerate of you to chase those folks down and see what they're up to.
    Darren Carlson
    1987 Hurricane 1000 (Sold)
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Carrollton, TX
    Posts
    7,397

    Default

    good to hear they're still kickin'
    Rob

    '84 VF500F
    '01 VFR800FI -- Too sporty for cruisers, too comfortable for squids.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Was Tarrant, then was Bexar, now Collin
    Posts
    2,299

    Default

    The Leghumper Commander sold his F4i, but still tells me he'd like to get another bike soon. Last I talked to him the F car was still in the stable. And let's get it straight...that car is WAY more Don Johnson than Tom Selleck.
    Nathan
    2001 Ducati 996

    "Life is about using the whole box of crayons."

    "Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not." - Epictetus

    "The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." - Jack London

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Garland
    Posts
    5,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    The Leghumper Commander sold his F4i, but still tells me he'd like to get another bike soon. Last I talked to him the F car was still in the stable. And let's get it straight...that car is WAY more Don Johnson than Tom Selleck.

    Uhhh OK, so what exactly is the difference between one washed up has been and another?
    Albie



    Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

    Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Was Tarrant, then was Bexar, now Collin
    Posts
    2,299

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hood Ornament View Post
    Uhhh OK, so what exactly is the difference between one washed up has been and another?
    Coked up Cuban hookers vs. drunk Hawaiian hula dancers?

    Tubbs and Edward James Olmos vs T.C. and John Hillerman?

    Baggy linen suits vs. short athletic shorts?

    Shaved chest vs. hairy chest?

    Come on now, Albie, don't make me school you on 80's TV.
    Nathan
    2001 Ducati 996

    "Life is about using the whole box of crayons."

    "Happiness and freedom begin with a clear understanding of one principle: Some things are within our control, and some things are not." - Epictetus

    "The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." - Jack London

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Garland
    Posts
    5,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    Coked up Cuban hookers vs. drunk Hawaiian hula dancers?

    Tubbs and Edward James Olmos vs T.C. and John Hillerman?

    Baggy linen suits vs. short athletic shorts?

    Shaved chest vs. hairy chest?

    Come on now, Albie, don't make me school you on 80's TV.
    Dude, I've tried very hard to erase all memories of the hideous 80's!!!!
    Albie



    Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

    Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

  12. #12
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dauphin, MB
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hood Ornament View Post
    Dude, I've tried very hard to erase all memories of the hideous 80's!!!!
    You couldn't tell by your airbrushed helmets!!
    Darren Carlson
    1987 Hurricane 1000 (Sold)
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Plano
    Posts
    2,259

    Default

    booommm! headshot! (pun intended)
    Mitch

    '02 919
    '95 KZ1000P
    '83 GS750E (waiting on major surgery)

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roseknight View Post
    booommm! headshot! (pun intended)
    Wow, posts AND shows up for Goosebucks! He must've found the keys to the shackles or the chain lengthened.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dauphin, MB
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roseknight View Post
    booommm! headshot! (pun intended)
    I must have made Albie mad. He hasn't even responded to acknowledge the wittiness of that remark. And I just about tagged Boom, Headshot onto the end of it!!
    Thanks for the rimshot.
    Darren Carlson
    1987 Hurricane 1000 (Sold)
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Garland
    Posts
    5,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    I must have made Albie mad. He hasn't even responded to acknowledge the wittiness of that remark. And I just about tagged Boom, Headshot onto the end of it!!
    Thanks for the rimshot.
    Don't you have some episodes of Miami Vice to catch up on?
    Albie



    Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

    Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    8,891

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hood Ornament View Post
    Don't you have some episodes of Miami Vice to catch up on?
    I don't think they've started airing Miami Vice in Canada, yet. They're still in the processing of dubbing the translation with "out 'n 'bout"s and "eh"s sprinkled liberally in the dialog.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dauphin, MB
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hood Ornament View Post
    Don't you have some episodes of Miami Vice to catch up on?
    Nope. Although I just might buy the Night Court DVD sets.
    Darren Carlson
    1987 Hurricane 1000 (Sold)
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •