Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 1125r in Hill Country -- *BIG*

Quote Originally Posted by jdugger View Post
    The front tire on the Buell... well... basically melted. The shedding and piling is quite evident
    Sounds like someone needs to learn about suspension settings and tire pressure.

..no.. you can not catch a break!
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by jdugger View Post
    I'll post up tomorrow, but there will be no more laughing about Jim's chicken strips.

The front tire on the Buell... well... basically melted. The shedding and piling is quite evident -- the center of the tire is still there but the shoulders of the front are worn almost smooth. The chicken strips are gone on the back, even as it is to the cords in the center.

Something clicked in AR this weekend. Not sure what yet or if I'll be able to repeat it anywhere else for a while.

I'll take pictures of the tires from the ST1300, too. I've never seen anything like it, but Ben did quite a number on them! He rode the crap out of that bike this weekend.

Word of warning: The Diablo Rosso can show cord even before you are at the wear bars. Oh, and they last about 2300 miles at best under sporting riding. I'm gonna go back to the Corsa III and see what I get from them now.
    Whatever tires you were using, they must have been defective. One weekend in Arkansas (regardless of what "clicked") should not have trashed a front tire...rear maybe, but front, no way.

I never heard back from Sean, so I'm guessing you guys found a rescue trailer somewhere closer than my house.

I figured BenTexas was on the Duc...that ST will never be the same.
    Ben H.

Default Corsa III

Quote Originally Posted by CarlT View Post
    I used the Corsa III for one ride and at the track. I swapped back on the Powers to wear them out first. I really liked the Corsa III's. They seemed more stable leaned over when adjusting for the turns. What did you think about them?
    The first set I didn't like, but the second set I did -- but it didn't last -- I was careless with the rear.

They are more stable, in my opinion, than the Rosso in the front. But, they also wear quickly. The front will look like it's got plenty of tread left when in reality the soft sides are worn and the harder center is intact. As a result, your front end will wobble around the corners. You need to replace front and rear each time on both the Corsa III and Rossos, so they are expensive tires to run.

I noticed a BIG difference in the front end of the Buell between Saturday and Sunday this weekend. Those fronts can go pretty quickly.

What I remember of the back of the Corsa III was more sticky in the center as well as sides. I can wheelie on the Corsa III, but the Rosso just spins. (I'm pretty light.)

Let me run the Corsa IIIs in Hill Country this weekend and see what I think.

I will say this... burning $1k a month in tires is easy to do! Dang expensive hobby!

2008 Buell 1125r - Boils Pasta, Steams Rice, Roasts Duc, Wins Tractor Pulls.
    2006 Buell XB12r - Bruising Ur Ego, Linguini Licker!
    2006 Honda ST1300 - No, I won't carry your extra whatever on the ride.
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

Quote Originally Posted by bjhughes View Post
    Whatever tires you were using, they must have been defective. One weekend in Arkansas (regardless of what "clicked") should not have trashed a front tire...rear maybe, but front, no way.
    I trashed a front Pilot Power on one AR trip. But that was two up on the 14. The "trashing" was just bad cupping from hard breaking into the corners, not wear. Most of the damage was done when I decided to jump from the Italian group to the F1 freight train when we crossed routes.

I never heard back from Sean, so I'm guessing you guys found a rescue trailer somewhere closer than my house.
    ...not again.... Hope bike and rider are ok.

I figured BenTexas was on the Duc...that ST will never be the same.
    Noooooooooooo!!! Now he'll be infected by the HonLounger desease. Poor Ben...

Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Cool

The trailer was needed because of the tire problems on Jim's bike(s). Not because of any rider problems or accidents. Anyway, I guess they found a solution.
    Ben H.

Quote Originally Posted by bjhughes View Post
    The trailer was needed because of the tire problems on Jim's bike(s). Not because of any rider problems or accidents. Anyway, I guess they found a solution.
    The solution was Sean!

All bikes stayed rubber-side-down except the Buell, which at the very end was "steel belts down".

2008 Buell 1125r - Boils Pasta, Steams Rice, Roasts Duc, Wins Tractor Pulls.
    2006 Buell XB12r - Bruising Ur Ego, Linguini Licker!
    2006 Honda ST1300 - No, I won't carry your extra whatever on the ride.
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM