Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Hotter then Hell IBI Aug 1-3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
    Lisa will be doing this exact same thing poolside once she get there.
    She will be reading that new book by Randy Pausch , The last Lecture.

O.T.---That guy died this week, didn't he?
    (checked, yep- Friday July 25th. Interesting story those who haven't heard of it. check youtube)
    -Mark

"More power makes you quicker in a straight line. Less weight makes you quicker everywhere"
    -Colin Chapman

Many thanks to Houston and RGV for putting on a wonderful IBI. Sadly, I was only able to participate on Saturday, and that was iffy until the last minute. Hopefully I will see you all, plus those that couldn't make it, in the fall. I only cranked off 303.5 miles today but got to finally meet and enjoy the company of the wonderful persons from the RGV chapter. I also want to thank Stuart for leading our group and doing a great job.
    Thin is in...... Go twin!
    Mark Shiver - Bulverde, Texas - 2001 SV650s - 2005 SV1000s

Default Thanks Everyone!

Thanks to everyone for all the hospitality! Everyone was so welcoming and good hearted!
    Thanks for all the patience for us slow riders and, wow!, most of you guys ride fast! Really FAST!!!
    Got to get up to the hill country to practice those curves that you all got up there!
    Thanks Ivan, Stuart,Mark, and all the others that I may have left out, but not forgotten!
    You all really made the RGV group felt welcomed!
    Can't wait to get up there in October! All who ca make it are already planning the next ride!
    Thanks again everyone, and all our spouses had a really good time as well.
    Mase Molina
    2009-2011 RGV Chapter President
    Cell# 956.342.2631
    email: nursemmolina at yahoo dot com
    1999 BMW K1200RS
    2004 KAWASAKI ZX10R (sold)
    2007 KAWASAKI ZX1400R
    2004 Ducati 749R No.189
    1985 Honda VF1000R

"If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride."~Author
    Unknown

"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol. "

I believe many Harley guys spend more time revving their engines than actually driving anywhere; I sometimes wonder why they bother to have wheels on their motorcycles.
    Dave Barry

Vee4Rider is offline Have Bike, Will Travel. Wire Vee4Rider, Little Elm.

Quote Originally Posted by gtxmark View Post
    I only cranked off 303.5 miles today......

How could you tell you had 304 miles left in your tire???
    Hank Meyers - KLR650, RC46
    WHEN SECONDS COUNT, THE POLICE ARE ONLY MINUTES AWAY!!!
    "You don't have to stick your head up a bull's a$$ to look at a T-bone steak, just visit a butcher's shop."
    "Now, don't do that again or we'll make you stand in the corner of your garage all day & look at wrecked motorcycle scraps!" - Hank Meyers
    -------
    TSBA,MSTA,IBA,AMA,NRA,TSRA

Vee4Rider is offline Have Bike, Will Travel. Wire Vee4Rider, Little Elm.

One of my favorite parts of the '08 HtH IBI was meeting the RGV peeps.

Tru's not as ugly as you all said he was....

Rick, you have one nice ZX10R....Love those wheels!!
    Hank Meyers - KLR650, RC46
    WHEN SECONDS COUNT, THE POLICE ARE ONLY MINUTES AWAY!!!
    "You don't have to stick your head up a bull's a$$ to look at a T-bone steak, just visit a butcher's shop."
    "Now, don't do that again or we'll make you stand in the corner of your garage all day & look at wrecked motorcycle scraps!" - Hank Meyers
    -------
    TSBA,MSTA,IBA,AMA,NRA,TSRA

Quote Originally Posted by Vee4Rider View Post
    How could you tell you had 304 miles left in your tire???

You have no idea how true your statement would be. I got home and took a look at the tire. Cracks all down the center with little chunks of rubber missing. I'm betting that I could get another 40 miles out of that tire before I started seeing air. But, I will retire the Pirelli Diablo at 3,960 miles. Carl balanced up a used M1 for me tonight and that'll give me time to figure out what the SV's next victim will be.
    Thin is in...... Go twin!
    Mark Shiver - Bulverde, Texas - 2001 SV650s - 2005 SV1000s

Cool

Great event! Thanks to Houston & RGV for putting together such a nice IBI. I had a great time, met a bunch of folks, and got to ride some roads I had not been on in a few years.

And it wasn't even that hot...compared to Dallas area lately. I hope everybody made it home safely.
    Ben H.

Lucky I made it home since my tire was worn TFO. lol... 955.7 miles
    Thank you Charles and Oskar for offering to pick me up just in case of emergency. Headed to Cycle Gear now to mount my new one.

Just wanted to say thanks to Stuart and company for all the extra effort put forth for this IBI. The cigar was top notch to add.

So many great members to thank for all there support!
    Stuart, Charles, Ivan, Bryan, Keith, Carl, Gary, Hans with the TSBA Store, Don, Hank, Mark, Chris, Bob, Amy with the cheese, meat and drinks, Scott and the entire RGV gang that attended! Plus Darren from Dallas and added thanks for the great lunch. Everyone from Austin to Dallas to San Antonio it was great meeting you and riding with you all...

I look forward to the slamming, railing, kick in the groin which I'll be bringing my CUP(FM355) for the SA IBI event this fall.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Schreck

Glad you made it home OK, Schreck - you think you got your money's worth out of that tire?
    Chris
    '07 KTM Super Duke 990 (FOR SALE)
    '07 KTM 300 XC-W

Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    Glad you made it home OK, Schreck - you think you got your money's worth out of that tire?

Got less than 2,000 miles on the rear. Think around 1700-2000 miles on the rear.(Pirelli Diablows $) I bought 2 sets from Cycle Gear days before the Arkansas IBI and see why they were on Sale $100 each.< Should be a laughing/crying face!
    Schreck

Had a great time everyone!!! it was great finally putting a face to some of you guys Looking forward to the next one!!

Carlos Muriel
    "Speedy McSpeed"
    TSBA RGV Chapter Geek/WebmasterCowbell Sensei
    2008 Ducati 848 Slave I
    2003 CBR600RR TIE/x1 Fighter --- Sold to a Corellian Smuggler
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

http://mandalorian.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MaseK12rs View Post
    I'm a Honda guy.

Question

Hwy 6 brake stand ?

Yo soy EL Vice' Presidente 2010...2011....going fishing..

08 CONCOURS

01 GSXR-R 600 TRACK/STREET BIKTCH

Bad decisions make good stories if you survive ......

Default Great job !!!!

Great time,great people ,great food,great acomadations, safe ride. All good!

Yo soy EL Vice' Presidente 2010...2011....going fishing..

08 CONCOURS

01 GSXR-R 600 TRACK/STREET BIKTCH

Bad decisions make good stories if you survive ......

Wow, what an excellent weekend! I can't tell you how nice it is to ride, dine, hang and party with each and every one in this merry band of riders we have in this club. A side from one relatively minor get off on on 336, and a few small mechanical issues, we had another outstanding summer ride with almost 40 bikes collectively putting in some high mileage on Texas' most techinical paved terrain. Hats off to everyone!

Big thanks to John Alexander and the entire RGV gang for making this HTH one of the best ones yet. It was a pleasure riding with all of you and I look forward to the next opportunity soon!

Special thanks to the ride leaders- Gary, Charles, Mark K, and Ivan and all the sweepers for making the loosely planned routes a great success. From all the feedback, it appears we broke out in the right number of groups and paces to make everyone comfortable, at the pace they could enjoy.

I would also like to thank Carl for a spirited jaunt through the Hills on Friday. It was good to get that out of the system!

And lastly I like to thank Scout for providing a good deal of the entertainment on Saturday. Can anyone say POOL PARTY!!
    Stuart
    Treas.-Houston Chapter
    FZ1
    GSXR 750

Questions about TSBA Houston? Contact me: thermalser@aol.com

I'll echo everyone else... WOW! What a great HTH IBI this year. I think it set a new standard, in many ways for the HTH event! Thanks to Houston and RGV for co-hosting the event, and everyone that put it together.

And thanks to Darren, Greg, Ben, Oskar, Carl, Marc, and Donnie for letting me have the privilege of leading them around (read that, hold them up ) the Hill Country. What an outstanding group of people to ride with, and I don't mean just the MotoGP (read that CMRA novice) pack. Those hooligans put me in my place on Hwy 55 when I started out leading them up the road and by the time we got to the top by the tree I was sweeping!

The poolside party was perfect! Probably one of the best events of any of our IBI's I've attended. Say whatever you want about Koyote, the pool and party venue it offers makes this event, IMHO. Thanks to Bryan and Deb for providing the bar. Everyone whom brought the food. Marc for the entertainment. RGV for finally making it en masse to an IBI! Looking forward to seeing you more often.

I'd post up my pics but I think everyone else has what I have, covered!
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Thanks everyone for welcoming us and for giving us the opportunity of co-hosting with Houston.

Stuart, thank you for everything you did to put this on. We plan to make more of these for sure and to ride up more often to hang with the San Antonio guys/gals to ride with them in the hill country more often.
    John
    '12 YZF R1
    '03 YZF R1
    '02 TTR 225
    R1John03@aol.com

Quote Originally Posted by Inlaw1 View Post
    Those hooligans put me in my place on Hwy 55 when I started out leading them up the road and by the time we got to the top by the tree I was sweeping!
    Sounds like it's time to dust off, replace dry rotted tires, and put fresh gas in the cbr for the Fall IBI.

Honda's need love too.

(you know I couldn't pass that one up)
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

'16 Husky TE250
    '06 Yamaha WR450F
    '98 Honda ST1100

Awesome pics

I'd also like to thank our door prize sponsors for being extremely generous this year:

- SA Store

Thanks!!
    Stuart
    Treas.-Houston Chapter
    FZ1
    GSXR 750

Questions about TSBA Houston? Contact me: thermalser@aol.com

oh speaking of track days....I think Suz one 1/2 off a track day but I for some reason can't remember
    Marc
    Grunt
    K1200S BUMBLE BEE
    620 BABY DUC
    DR 125
    TTR 90
    RM 65
    PW 50
    PATRIOT GUARD RIDER
    TSBA#2303

Quote Originally Posted by scout View Post
    oh speaking of track days....I think Suz one 1/2 off a track day but I for some reason can't remember
    I won a 1/2 off track day also. Maybe you can put them together and get 1 free day.

If'in you and Suzie want to do a track day together, you can have my 1/2 half off coupon.

Darren
    Darren Baldwin

Darren, that is nice of you!
    Kent Cook
    Lone Star Track Days
    BMW R1200RS
    Honda CBR1000RR

oh heck yeh brotha you rock
    Marc
    Grunt
    K1200S BUMBLE BEE
    620 BABY DUC