Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh God, It's Raining and there is a Motorcycle behind me, What should I do? RANT

Default Oh God, It's Raining and there is a Motorcycle behind me, What should I do? RANT

I am at work wearing a hospital gown trying to get my clothes dry. Iam soaked to the bone and not because of the rain, NOOOOOOO, I am soaked because of spray from cars because NO Cager will change lanes for you in the rain and all cagers will cut you off if you leave more than 2 car lengths in front of you.

Pouring freaking rain and I am coming down the tollroad at about 110mph, I come up on Tracy and am about to make a move around her and this freaking Minivan moves over on me forcing me to brake hard to avoid being hit. So I sit there and suck up spray and road dirt and finally get a window to pass a whole cluster of cars doing less than 60 mph. All because 3 Ignorant Cagers are driving side by side because they are scared. Wave by to Tracy and take off and then another, and then another, and then another. But you cant menuever around them like normal because in the rain for what ever reason there cagers are drawn so much closer together, maybe its for protection cause thier scared, yeh.. thats it!

Because its raining we need to stay as close to the car in front of us as we can because that way we can see better when it's still night and raining... yeh,,, thats it again!

And even better, we all need our giant SUV and Pick up trucks with dark tinted windows, that makes life so much better for all of us in the dark rain, improves visability, and helps are Bohemith SUV tires float so much better on top of the water. Yeh,,,, Thats the ticket!
    CMRA #708
    2004 GSXR 1000 Road/RoadRace Bike
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2005 Honda Ruckus Rocket Ship
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE FUEL IN THE MORNING, SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCrain View Post
    Pouring freaking rain and I am coming down the tollroad at about 110mph,
    Sorry for your ride excitement, but gotta ask..Why 110mph in "pouring freaking rain" ?

Don
    07' Goldwing 1800
    02' YZF 600R
    73' Volkswagen

(member # 2008)
    VOSA (0\ ! /0)

&

Quote Originally Posted by Whitelightning View Post
    Sorry for your ride excitement, but gotta ask..Why 110mph in "pouring freaking rain" ?

You don't get as wet.
    Albie

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

So I'm thinking - if you are comfortable blasting along in the rain at 110mph then why not just lane split through the slower moving traffic? Not like you are taking that much additional risk.
    Jake

Quote Originally Posted by tweek View Post
    So I'm thinking - if you are comfortable blasting along in the rain at 110mph then why not just lane split through the slower moving traffic? Not like you are taking that much additional risk.

Don
    07' Goldwing 1800
    02' YZF 600R
    73' Volkswagen

(member # 2008)
    VOSA (0\ ! /0)

&

For you guys that have never raced or done a track day in the rain you don't know any better. Our bikes handle extremely well in the rain and on wet pavement, they dont hydroplane like a car does. I can fly along in the rain like no big deal you just have to do certain things different:

Dont accelerate or brake on paint strips such as the lane devider strips!
    Make sure you have plenty of room to brake!
    Dont get hard on the front brake unless you want to find your face on the concrete before you realize you are down!
    and last but probably most important...... SMOOTH AND SUBTLE INPUTS ONLY!
    CMRA #708
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

I always find your rants amusing reading. And, I highly encourage you to continue. It's always a smile in my day when you post up.

But, I think they (the posts) frequently give cagers way too much credit. Sort of like the 9/11 conspiracy theories -- they depend on a network of smart, correlated intentions, at least as you describe them.

When, in reality, the average motororist is so remarkably incompetant and ignorant about all things operating a vehicle, I think they line up next to each other and block tarffic simply because they are too scared and too stupid to operate their vehicles in any other fashion.

My hairstylist this week asked how I was liking my motorcycle. She just couldn't understand how I could ride one. On I-30, she makes her boyfriend drive because the traffic moves too fast and she has to close her eyes for that segment of the drive. And, this is in a car.

Just a thought....

2008 Buell 1125r - Boils Pasta, Steams Rice, Roasts Duc, Wins Tractor Pulls.
    2006 Buell XB12r - Bruising Ur Ego, Linguini Licker!
    2006 Honda ST1300 - No, I won't carry your extra whatever on the ride.
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

Quote Originally Posted by jdugger View Post
    My hairstylist .
    Hand it over. ...If you ever had a man card that is.

...waiting on Tweek's dissapproval of mancard reference...
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Miykl View Post
    She's cute, has big knockers, and Emily suggested I go there.

2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

Exactry the same reason why I overpay someone to cut my hair!
    Rob

'84 VF500F
    '01 VFR800FI -- Too sporty for cruisers, too comfortable for squids.

Too Hotties

It's where I go when I'm in Dallas.
    There's one on Beltline in Addison.
    Darren Carlson
    1987 Hurricane 1000 (Sold)
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131

...waiting on Tweek's dissapproval of mancard reference...

I'm afraid I'll have to stand mute on this one....Hairstylist? Dude, you went full blown metrosexual.
    Jake

I always find your rants amusing reading. And, I highly encourage you to continue. It's always a smile in my day when you post up.

But, I think they (the posts) frequently give cagers way too much credit. Sort of like the 9/11 conspiracy theories -- they depend on a network of smart, correlated intentions, at least as you describe them.

When, in reality, the average motororist is so remarkably incompetant and ignorant about all things operating a vehicle, I think they line up next to each other and block tarffic simply because they are too scared and too stupid to operate their vehicles in any other fashion.

My hairstylist this week asked how I was liking my motorcycle. She just couldn't understand how I could ride one. On I-30, she makes her boyfriend drive because the traffic moves too fast and she has to close her eyes for that segment of the drive. And, this is in a car.

Just a thought....
    Oh, You are not kidding. My 16yr old Step daughter got her drivers license yesterday and daddy bought her a new Chevy Impala. I wont get in the car with her after she pulled out in front of 60mph oncoming traffic twice in less than a minute and her excuse was "I couldn't see!". Then Tracy tells me she is driving great and then I am talking to Tracy on the phone and all I can hear is her screaming at Jos to stop driving up on the curb! Yesterday on her maiden voyage to and from school in a unsupervised drive she freaked out because her turn signal wasnt working and slammed the car into PARK while still in motion. Then she brings it home and ask me why the transmission is whining. This morning she calls me from Target parking lot because the turn signal wasn't working and she had to pull off the road because of it, in an absolute panic! I got dibs that the car is undrivable in 2 weeks whether wrecked or mechanically destroyed. This child breaks everything around her whether hers or not and just doesn't care because Tracy has never made her be accountable or made her work for her own things. Everything just gets handed to her and when broken replaced. The child never ever is held accountable or made to fix or replace her wrongs. She never even had to clean her room or any chores untill they moved in with me. THATS A WHOLE NOTHER RANT RANT RANT! NO FREAKING WAY THIS A.D.D. Child is ready to be behind the wheel of a 3000lb lethal projectile! I all ready lost one step daughter and her friends to one second of not paying attention and she was an angel and brilliant, this child never pays any attention and aint very bright.

Honest to god if you see a tan Chevy Impala with a small brunette teenage girl driving get as far away as fast as you can. Tracy is making a giant mistake.

I dont give most cagers any credit other than they are not present when they drive the majority of the time!
    CMRA #708
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2002 Suzuki SV650

Dude, you went full blown metrosexual.
    *went*?

Dude...

Recovering is more like it.

Before the bikes. Before the metal working. Before I was married, I was totally metro.

Even lived on Oak Lawn...

The bones are PILED HIGH in the closet...

2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

Crash has just described why both of my girls are screwing around on a pocket bike now, will have a pair of motards in the near future and will Autocross long before they ever enter traffic to do battle with the morons who are issued licenses to drive.
    Jake

*went*?

Dude...

Recovering is more like it.

Before the bikes. Before the metal working. Before I was married, I was totally metro.

Even lived on Oak Lawn...

The bones are PILED HIGH in the closet...
    I can forgive Ben for playing golf so I guess I can look the other way for your fondness of loafers. Grow a mullet and crank up some Iron Maiden - that ought to excise those demons from you.
    Jake

Grow a mullet and crank up some Iron Maiden
    Did both of those in Jr High... that was *plenty* of that.

2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

I can forgive Ben for playing golf
    you gotta try it....

so I guess I can look the other way for your fondness of loafers. Grow a mullet and crank up some Iron Maiden - that ought to excise those demons from you.

Don
    07' Goldwing 1800
    02' YZF 600R
    73' Volkswagen

(member # 2008)
    VOSA (0\ ! /0)

&

Crash has just described why both of my girls are screwing around on a pocket bike now, will have a pair of motards in the near future and will Autocross long before they ever enter traffic to do battle with the morons who are issued licenses to drive.
    There's a man with a plan... might want to introduce carts b4 the autocross though.
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

I can forgive Ben for playing golf so I guess I can look the other way for your fondness of loafers. .
    And, btw, those were Gucci's, not loafers.

2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Where's that popcorn emoticon?
    Chris
    '07 KTM Super Duke 990 (FOR SALE)
    '07 KTM 300 XC-W

There's a man with a plan... might want to introduce carts b4 the autocross though.
    Not a bad idea - a nice little go cart will be a hell of a lot cheaper than a Miata or Civic. It is usually an S load of fun to watch the kids at Autocrosses doing the go-carts. They usually post times that the A stock guys have a hard time matching (EVO, S2000, STi, etc).

Plus I can start even sooner!
    Jake

That's one up on Dick of the Decade.

2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

phewyweeee - that escalated like Russian cease fire. Think I'll go write some software now, my work is done here.
    Jake