Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 84

Thread: Oh God, It's Raining and there is a Motorcycle behind me, What should I do? RANT

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    686

    Default rain

    Quote Originally Posted by CrashCrain View Post
    You should not ride with me then, Seriously!
    You are so right
    ________
    Children wellbutrin

  2. #52
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    686

    Default rain

    Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    LOL.... hey.... it's your lie, you can tell it however you want

    ________
    Cherry_Love

  3. #53
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Dauphin, MB
    Posts
    6,068

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CrashCrain View Post
    Yes, thanks to Hammer my screen name and that link are forever linked in Google!

    Looks like you joined the party! With my luck they will turn out to be underage and I will get investigated for proliferation of child porn!
    Hey, don't drag me into this mess.
    Darren Carlson
    1987 Hurricane 1000 (Sold)
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131

  4. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Flower Mound
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Did I not link the right video? Is it something worse? I really can't imagine what could be worse than that.
    Jake

  5. #55
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Garland
    Posts
    5,956

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccert View Post
    You are so right
    Unless of course your definition of riding means commuting up and down the Tollway. Then you might want to ride with ole Crash.
    Albie



    Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

    Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

  6. #56
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Cedar Park
    Posts
    4,301

    Default

    I agree with Crash on this....
    Most cagers are totally oblivious and a hazard to everyone on the road, especially when they are on the phone

    I don't know about how a bike handles in the rain...I don't ride in the rain if I can help it...I work too hard to keep my bike clean

    and...
    I don't have a hairdresser...I shave my own head with clippers. Saves me $20 bucks per haircut.

    OK, here come the mohawk jokes.
    PL Laird

    2012 Yamaha FZ8
    My other bike is a Dubya Arr Fo Fiddy Eff

    "Good judgment comes from experience,...experience comes from bad judgment."

    Check out the TSBA Austin Chapter on Facebook

  7. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Amarillo
    Posts
    3,202

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BluRR View Post
    I agree with Crash on this....
    Most cagers are totally oblivious and a hazard to everyone on the road, especially when they are on the phone

    I don't know about how a bike handles in the rain...I don't ride in the rain if I can help it...I work too hard to keep my bike chromed

    and...
    I don't have a hairdresser...I shave my own head with clippers. Saves me $20 bucks per haircut.

    OK, here come the chrome dome jokes.
    Fixed.
    Gregg Crow
    For information about the Panhandle TSBA contact me at pak714 at isp dot com or check out http://panhandlesportbike.com/

  8. #58
    2WheelTiger Guest

    Default

    Wasn't that the day that the rules of physics were declared invalid?

  9. #59
    2WheelTiger Guest

    Default

    Crain,
    Might wanna learn how to read. Didn't say you weren't riding like an asshat. Just said your understanding of physics sucks.





    Quote:
    Originally Posted by CrashCrain
    For you guys that have never raced or done a track day in the rain you don't know any better. Our bikes handle extremely well in the rain and on wet pavement, they dont hydroplane like a car does.

    You are completely full of sh!t.

  10. #60
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Flower Mound
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by outrace View Post
    Wasn't that the day that the rules of physics were declared invalid?
    With my imagination that's just about everyday.

    As for hairdressers - pair of electric clippers and a head blade do the job just fine.
    Jake

  11. #61
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Clear Lake
    Posts
    2,240

    Default

    Wasn't that Obama tending bar in the music video?
    Kent Cook
    Lone Star Track Days
    BMW R1200RS
    Honda CBR1000RR

  12. #62
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    686

    Default rain

    Quote Originally Posted by BluRR View Post
    I agree with Crash on this....
    Most cagers are totally oblivious and a hazard to everyone on the road, especially when they are on the phone
    I believe most of us would agree with this statement, that is why I would not lower my odds against a cager blasting down the highway at 110 mph in traffic and in the rain. But to each his own and good luck out there whoever you are
    ________
    FaeKitty

  13. #63
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    555

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by Miykl View Post
    Hand it over. ...If you ever had a man card that is.



    ...waiting on Tweek's dissapproval of mancard reference...

    LMAO!!! wait a minute......dammm.... who do I turn mine into..lol!! If it means I'm allowed to go back to hmm.. my hair stylist.. and let me add, very good looking hair stylist, then I will Fedex it over night..
    http://www.davincigelati.com/home.html
    02 R6 DEVIL
    06 CBR1000RR
    08 Concours14

  14. #64
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Flower Mound
    Posts
    1,949

    Default

    The entire man card thing, like titty bars, just has screams repressed homo to me.....but having a 'hair stylist' sort of, almost, justifies the concept. But I've been told that I'm a bit strange so what I know.
    Jake

  15. #65
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Fort Worth, TX
    Posts
    5,767

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by soccert View Post
    I would not lower my odds against a cager blasting down the highway at 110 mph in traffic and in the rain. But to each his own and good luck out there whoever you are


    I enjoy brisk riding as much as the next fella, but my testosterone/nerve has limits nowhere nearly as high as Ben's. In the end, it's all a calculated risk, and each person has to judge for him or herself what's considered an acceptable amount.

    With that said, it is not reasonable to expect other drivers to adequately identify and compensate for issues e.g. extremely high rates of speed in visibility-limiting circumstances. Distractions or no, they have other objects to share the mind's processing time on, especially in traffic under adverse weather conditions. When a rider decides to ride as Ben purports to in this scenario, I don't believe that subsequent complaints of inadequate attention are meritorious.

    In short, Ben, you asked for it. It's simply a consequence of the decision you made to operate your vehicle in the manner that you did/do. I have no problem with that, but I also lend no credence to your ire with other drivers as a result, yapping on the phone or not.

    Still luv ya, d00d.
    Brad Felmey

  16. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Frisco
    Posts
    4,253

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brad Felmey View Post


    I enjoy brisk riding as much as the next fella, but my testosterone/nerve has limits nowhere nearly as high as Ben's. In the end, it's all a calculated risk, and each person has to judge for him or herself what's considered an acceptable amount.

    With that said, it is not reasonable to expect other drivers to adequately identify and compensate for issues e.g. extremely high rates of speed in visibility-limiting circumstances. Distractions or no, they have other objects to share the mind's processing time on, especially in traffic under adverse weather conditions. When a rider decides to ride as Ben purports to in this scenario, I don't believe that subsequent complaints of inadequate attention are meritorious.

    In short, Ben, you asked for it. It's simply a consequence of the decision you made to operate your vehicle in the manner that you did/do. I have no problem with that, but I also lend no credence to your ire with other drivers as a result, yapping on the phone or not.

    Still luv ya, d00d.

    Thank you Brad; I ride the way I ride and when I post it up people get bent out of shape, always. We all ride our own way, mine is just what most people consider insane most of the time, but I have always done things my way and not by PC by any shot.

    And Andre, the rules of physics are the same, have you never raced or done high speed corners in the rain? Your posting like you havn't? yes you can drag a knee in the rain, it takes different skills but it can be done! Do anything abrupt on a sportsbike in the rain and your in trouble but make smooth movements and your for the most part fine. When it come to hydroplaining I will have to say that it can happen but because of our tires shape it is at much higher speeds and at much deeper water. Dont get me wrong, I dont go charging through pools of water, but for gods sake, I can easily ride 3 times the speed in rain on my bike as my when I am driving my wifes SUV. I know how experienced you are, but riding in heavy rain at speed I am wondering if you have my experience.

    This is just more of a reminder of why I ride alone!
    CMRA #708
    2004 GSXR 1000 Road/RoadRace Bike
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2005 Honda Ruckus Rocket Ship
    2002 Suzuki SV650




    "Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

    I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE FUEL IN THE MORNING, SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!

  17. #67
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Garland
    Posts
    5,956

    Default

    Sheesh, what a bunch of women. Hello the Tollway is a great big effing LIMITED ACCESS super hiway! Blasting down it at 110 in the rain is a dang sight safer then doing 40 MPH on side streets in the rain.

    Oh and Crash, you can bet there's not much chance of anyone in the club wanting to ride with because who the heck else wants to ride 15 minutes a day up and down the tollway? Even at 140, That's about as exciting as watching golf.
    Albie



    Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

    Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

  18. #68
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    McKinney
    Posts
    1,783

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hood Ornament View Post

    Oh and Crash, you can bet there's not much chance of anyone in the club wanting to ride with because who the heck else wants to ride 15 minutes a day up and down the tollway? Even at 140, That's about as exciting as watching golf.



    Go easy on the golf commentary. Let's talk about cars!

    Sincerely,
    Ex-Golf Addict........
    Ben G
    Dallas Secy & Tres
    "Giallo Duc"
    Quack Addict
    www.goodingcm.com
    Those are your balls. This is your brain. One will steer you into trouble. The other will steer you out of it.

  19. #69
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by BenTexas View Post
    Go easy on the golf commentary. Let's talk about cars!
    Cars suck. Even "fast" yellow ones.


    2008 Buell 1125r - Boils Pasta, Steams Rice, Roasts Duc, Wins Tractor Pulls.
    2006 Buell XB12r - Bruising Ur Ego, Linguini Licker!
    2006 Honda ST1300 - No, I won't carry your extra whatever on the ride.
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

  20. #70
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdugger View Post
    Cars suck. Even "fast" yellow ones.


    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

  21. #71
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miykl View Post


    What's with the extra wheels and that goofy looking fairing?


    2008 Buell 1125r - Boils Pasta, Steams Rice, Roasts Duc, Wins Tractor Pulls.
    2006 Buell XB12r - Bruising Ur Ego, Linguini Licker!
    2006 Honda ST1300 - No, I won't carry your extra whatever on the ride.
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

  22. #72
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jdugger View Post
    What's with the extra wheels and that goofy looking fairing?
    Extra wheels? That's the OEM "Taco" wing for that year GT3
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

  23. #73
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    5,141

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Miykl View Post
    Extra wheels? That's the OEM "Taco" wing for that year GT3
    No, it looks like there would be 4 wheels on this vehicle. That's 2 too many for this to be an interesting ride.

    I've never seen a full wrap around fairing like that except on those boring things some people call cars.


    2008 Buell 1125r - Boils Pasta, Steams Rice, Roasts Duc, Wins Tractor Pulls.
    2006 Buell XB12r - Bruising Ur Ego, Linguini Licker!
    2006 Honda ST1300 - No, I won't carry your extra whatever on the ride.
    2005 Suzuki DR-Z400SM

  24. #74
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Austin
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    I love my car, it eats Buells in the twisties for breakfast!


    Chris
    '07 KTM Super Duke 990 (FOR SALE)
    '07 KTM 300 XC-W

  25. #75
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    12,301

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris S. View Post
    I love my car, it eats Buells in the twisties for breakfast!
    Nice! Cressa has been drooling for one since she first saw 'em. Funny how some think a bike is faster through the twisties. Bikes only have a power/weight advantage. There's just no denying 4 contact patches for traction in a turn.

    Porsche... there is no substitute!
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •