Thread: Track day!!! 11/22-23

Default Track day!!! 11/22-23

My first track day, in a few years will be at TWS on 11/22-23!! I cant wait to get the SV out.
    Any one else going??

I hope to camp Friday 21st and the 22nd at the track. Does any know if that is going to be cool or not??

I see that track days are slim till spring. That will give me some time to save up as much as I can, because next year I am going to get in as much track time as I can.

Seeing how H2R is just down the road ( 30 min drive ) That will be the track for me.

Hope to see some peeps next weekend.

Now that I just got done reading my e-mails, I see that TTD offer camping. Sweet, my cheap *** will camp!!! Well I like camping, so no big dael.

Laters
    Nutt
    \02 BMW R1150 GS-Adventure
    \14 Yamaha FZ8
    \66 Ducati 160 monza Jr

>Where is that dictin....dicshi...dick... You know, that book with all those words in it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tiller View Post
    Does any know if that is going to be cool or not??
    Oh, it's probably going to be cool. Might even be cold.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by tiller View Post
    My first track day, in a few years will be at TWS on 11/22-23!! I cant wait to get the SV out.
    Any one else going??...
    Yes.
    DavidB
    When I bite into a York peppermint pattie, it's like turn 1 at TWS.

Yea, you might want to bring a windbreaker
    Seriously, It will get cold so I would take plenty of clothing for layering and a good sleeping bag. It might be worth it to get a hotel in town so you are guaranteed a good nights rest.
    RS Taichi makes a nice, thin, one-piece windstopper undergarment that is great for cool/cold days days.
    http://www.rs-taichi.com/main/indextop.html

Moto Liberty sells them.
    https://www.motoliberty.com/prod_detail.asp?Prod_ID=160

Go into a ski shop and get some thin thermals that let you move around. Oh wait, I think you mentioned that you snowboard, so you probably already have that.

Get some chemical hand warmers for the gloves, in case the morning is extra chilly. Beats trying to put old-man's heated grips on a track bike.

Quote Originally Posted by -=sean)=- View Post
    Go into a ski shop and get some thin thermals that let you move around. Oh wait, I think you mentioned that you snowboard, so you probably already have that.

Get some chemical hand warmers for the gloves, in case the morning is extra chilly. Beats trying to put old-man's heated grips on a track bike.
    We do as much skiing as we can, so I think I will go with some thermals.

I do allot of camping when I travel on the GS. I spent a little extra on my camping gear, my sleeping bag is good for like 0. All my camping stuff was tested all the way up to Dead horse AK.

As for a good night... Ear plugs!! Plus if it sucks I will get a room Saturday night.

Cant wait!!

LAters
    Thomas
    \14 Yamaha FZ8
    \66 Ducati 160 monza Jr

>Where is that dictin....dicshi...dick... You know, that book with all those words in it!!!

Can't make TWS but will be at ECR. Should be a decent weekend and have fun! If you are at enough track days next year, then I'm sure I'll see you sometime.
    -----
    M2TX
    Ducati 748 (track/street)
    SV650S (100% track)

who's hosting at ECR ? i didn't see anything on the calendars.

Deadhorse, Alaska. hmmm, stepped off a plane there 01/1980, they dumped the luggage on the ground with a frontend loader, it was blowing snow, poor visibility, celsius and fahrenheit were about equal, and then spent 12 hours in an offroad fuel truck getting further out into nowhere. Not sure why I didn't stay?
    DavidB

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    who's hosting at ECR ? i didn't see anything on the calendars.
    No organizer. It's an ECR member day (both days this coming weekend).

However, they are doing a Toys-for-Tots fundraiser and I'm getting details since I believe non-members are also invited. I'll post an update when I have details on cost and how the day will go.
    -----
    M2TX
    Ducati 748 (track/street)
    SV650S (100% track)

Thumbs up

Well another year-end crashfest is behind us. There is something about chilly weather and "last opportunity for speed" that impairs the judgement of those who most need help in that area. Fortunately, many of the crashers bounced well. Several bikes did not.

TomA, was there any kind of unlimited warranty on that green-n-white racebike you recently sold? Because it went off in Turn 1, and looks like it went off in Turn 1.

Otherwise, I froze my butt camping Friday night. That new air conditioner in my trailer does not have a heating option. Poor planning. We were lucky both days with only a minimal sprinkle of rain to raise the on-track tension. The sun did come out for a session or two both days, so there was an opportunity to warm the tires. Which became important when my rear tire warmer quit. There was the usual crowd of friendly acquaintences to make it a worthwhile trip. Seems to be a number of people trying to go faster.

Well, I've signed up for Friday at H2R with Elite, so the malignancy continues.
    DavidB

oops, forgot to prod Tiller to post his trackday saga. and Tiller gets the award for coolest bike on the track.

and somehow i've surpassed a thousand posts. time for a new tagline. and maybe a new avatar, if i can find one as hot as Scout's.
    DavidB

oops, forgot to prod Tiller to post his trackday saga. and Tiller gets the award for coolest bike on the track.

and somehow i've surpassed a thousand posts. time for a new tagline. and maybe a new avatar, if i can find one as hot as Scout's.
    I will try and post up soon. Or you can go to the SA board and read that post.

I can say that I had a kick a$$ time!!! David, it was cool hanging out with you, cant wait till spring.

Laters
    For now.

Nutt
    \14 Yamaha FZ8
    \66 Ducati 160 monza Jr

TomA, was there any kind of unlimited warranty on that green-n-white racebike you recently sold? Because it went off in Turn 1, and looks like it went off in Turn 1.
    No way! I told him not to go to a track day in November on a new (to him) bike! I guess he didn't listen.

Was he hurt?

Was the bike wadded?

Hope all is well...

Quote Originally Posted by VFRacer-R View Post
    No way! I told him not to go to a track day in November on a new (to him) bike! I guess he didn't listen.

Was he hurt?

Was the bike wadded?

Hope all is well...
    Rider appeared fine. bike looked pretty rough. i don't know how bad it was or wasn't bent, but it shed a lot of plastic and collected plenty of turf. i don't believe this crash had anything to do with the chilly air, but i wasn't the operator. imo we did have ok weather, what we did not have was adequate common sense. the number of first lap crashes, at least 6, reveals that shortage. kind of makes you wonder why we wear ear plugs to protect the hearing we don't use.
    DavidB

Rider appeared fine. bike looked pretty rough. i don't know how bad it was or wasn't bent, but it shed a lot of plastic and collected plenty of turf. i don't believe this crash had anything to do with the chilly air, but i wasn't the operator. imo we did have ok weather, what we did not have was adequate common sense. the number of first lap crashes, at least 6, reveals that shortage. kind of makes you wonder why we wear ear plugs to protect the hearing we don't use.
    Well, IMHO, to hit the track pipe on a bike that is completely un-familiar to you, during cold weather at a track that is notoriously slippery in spots when the pavement is cold, is just a recipe for an incident of some sort.

He was just in a hurry because he got the bike as a birthday present I guess. Too bad he tossed it, but I guess it's a good thing he got a ton of spares with it!

I'll keep my comments to myself about crash fests at track days.