Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VFR Recovered!!

Well that is wonderful. If you want to barrow my trailor to go get it just let me know. I store it up at Cycle Concepts now so we can do House Calls.

Ignition damage??? Somebody knew how to hotwire that puppy so you might want to find a new storage location so they dont repeat the theft again! Or you can get the alarm with the pager that goes off when it's jacked with and then Just fire down apon them with a hail of bullets from your balcany. Yeh, thats the ticket! Bait the trap.
    CMRA #708
    2004 GSXR 1000 Road/RoadRace Bike
    1997 Yamaha 535 Virago
    2005 Honda Ruckus Rocket Ship
    2002 Suzuki SV650

"Intellectual Honesty is the most important form of Honesty because lying to others may be damaging, but lying to yourself is fatal!" Benjamin L Crain

I LOVE THE SMELL OF RACE FUEL IN THE MORNING, SMELLS LIKE VICTORY!

Quote Originally Posted by CrashCrain View Post
    ...then Just fire down apon them with a hail of bullets from your balcany.
    Curous Roach...now that you've been the victom once, do you still feel the same way about a warning shot? ...genuine question- I used to be torn on whether I'd shoot over personal property i.e. car, bike, ... But having had two bikes stolen, I would no longer think twice.
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Just in time for ice riding!!! Congrats on the recovery.
    Albie

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.

Dallas chapter VP
    You can e-mail me at albie1 at gmail dot com

Quote Originally Posted by BigRoach View Post
    WOO HOO!!
    Well, right when I was posting an ad for my new tires that I didn't think I was gonna be using, I got a call from the Dallas P.D. saying that my bike was recovered!

She mentioned there was obviously some ignition damage, but they didn't say anything else about it. Hopefully the plastic and other parts weren't stolen or damaged (any worse than they already were anyway...)

No suspects...
    So you finally remembered where you left your VFR. Stop hanging around with Scout and you wouldn't have these memory lapses.

Glad you got your scoot back.
    Kent Cook
    Lone Star Track Days
    BMW R1200RS
    Honda CBR1000RR

BigRoach Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ZedX View Post
    Curous Roach...now that you've been the victom once, do you still feel the same way about a warning shot? ...genuine question- I used to be torn on whether I'd shoot over personal property i.e. car, bike, ... But having had two bikes stolen, I would no longer think twice.
    I think so... But don't get me wrong. The idea behind the warning shot is not for the benefit of the perpetrator, it's to protect my freedom. I don't know that I would be legally justified in killing somebody who was only tampering with my motorcycle. And even if it turned out that I was within my rights to use deadly force, it would not be fun if I had to sit in jail for even one night, or to await a trial.
    So, though I would love to put a big fat hot slug through the cerebral cortex* of any lowlife who would dare to touch my baby, I don't know that it would be worth the potential trouble it could cause.

*(On second thought, the brain would be too quick... If I had my choice, I'd shoot him in the crotch.)

Well, what a relief!! I asked the county sheriff to let me visit the guys responsible for stealing my bike -- he politely refused my request. Some of my speed parts had been exchanged with another bike the group stole - but I brought some tools and restored my parts back onto my bike then rode it home. The jets were all clogged from sitting in the sheriff's lot for nearly a year and a half. The sheriff also politely refused to answer my questions about what took so long to contact me.

Giving some premium fuel - that's funny, ZedX!!!
    Tommy

Cool

So, though I would love to put a big fat hot slug through the cerebral cortex* of any lowlife who would dare to touch my baby, I don't know that it would be worth the potential trouble it could cause.

*(On second thought, the brain would be too quick... If I had my choice, I'd shoot him in the crotch.)
    Ben...you don't have to kill him with the first shot...when you're nervous and in fear of your life or property, it could probably take as many as 8 or 9 shots to land one between the eyes.
    Ben H.

Quote Originally Posted by bjhughes View Post
    it could probably take as many as 8 or 9 shots to land one between the eyes.
    I don't know, he'd be shooting better than the cops at that rate.

He'd be considered a marksman within the LE circle.

GREAT news!!
    Zukidog March 2, 2003 - November 6, 2006

BigRoach Guest

Well, I went to pick her up last night from the Nazi, loan-shark, extortionist Dallas police auto pound. (And the bitter, lowlife, wanna-be cops in the control booth treated me like I was a criminal... They ought to go ahead and kill themselves and get their sorry little lives over with.)
    $166 for the priveledge. It turns out my bike was found about a block away from my apt... It sure would've been nice if they could've just called me and I could've just rolled the darn thing home. They found it on Friday, but since the police auto theft dept isn't open on the weekends, they didn't call me until Monday. That means, not only could I have picked it up on my weekend when I don't have to work, there were two more days as $26 a day that I had to pay for. And on the 5th day (yesterday) it's an extra $50 charge. Merry Christmas to me... "Sorry babe, no gold earrings this year.... you'll have to settle for a pearl necklace."

ANYWAY... Surprisingly, the bike looked fine!

On a simple inspection, the only thing that looked wrong was the stripped wires coming out of the ignition. It looks like they actually hot-wired it....
    There didn't appear to be any damaged plastic... My cowl bolts, aka frankenbolts were gone... And now that I think about it, I think they took my frame sliders.
    We'll see what else is wrong once I get a good look at it this weekend.

But all in all, it's a relief to have her back.

BigRoach Guest

I think so... But don't get me wrong. The idea behind the warning shot is not for the benefit of the perpetrator, it's to protect my freedom. I don't know that I would be legally justified in killing somebody who was only tampering with my motorcycle. And even if it turned out that I was within my rights to use deadly force, it would not be fun if I had to sit in jail for even one night, or to await a trial.

First off Congrats on the recovery, 2nd, we had an incident here in the valley where 3 suspects tried to still a guys truck at gun point so the victim took his gun out shot one of the guys twice and killed him. They are charging the other 2 guys that ran away with manslaughter if they catch them. So you do have rights now when it comes to personal property. In fact it happened at a Valero.
    John
    '12 YZF R1
    '03 YZF R1
    '02 TTR 225
    R1John03@aol.com

Great news Ben. Congrats.
    Gregg Crow
    For information about the Panhandle TSBA contact me at pak714 at isp dot com or check out http://panhandlesportbike.com/

Is that Ice on your bike??????
    Truman BA Campbell
    a.k.a. "Internet Tuff Guy"
    2KX RGV Chapter Sectary

03 ZZR 1200
    MonCallimari MC101B "Home One" Star Cruzer
    BIG BLUE BEAST

99 ish' GSXR 750
    "Modified" Corielian YT1300F
    "You know, that ship's saved my life quite a few times. She's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy!"~Lando~

Quote Originally Posted by TRU View Post
    He's in north Dallas buddy... hella-of-a-lot colder that down here in the balmy 40s and 50s

Carlos Muriel
    "Speedy McSpeed"
    TSBA RGV Chapter Geek/WebmasterCowbell Sensei
    2008 Ducati 848 Slave I
    2003 CBR600RR TIE/x1 Fighter --- Sold to a Corellian Smuggler
    "Four wheels move the body, two wheels move the soul"

http://mandalorian.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MaseK12rs View Post
    I'm a Honda guy.

Quote Originally Posted by R1John03 View Post
    First off Congrats on the recovery, 2nd, we had an incident here in the valley where 3 suspects tried to still a guys truck at gun point so the victim took his gun out shot one of the guys twice and killed him. They are charging the other 2 guys that ran away with manslaughter if they catch them. So you do have rights now when it comes to personal property. In fact it happened at a Valero.
    Well... since the assailants where using guns, it wasn't just a robbery anymore... When you're life is threatened you are allowed to protect yourself.

Carlos Muriel
    "Speedy McSpeed"
    2008 Ducati 848 Slave I

I'm a Honda guy.

You're now ready for the blingiest of mods:

Carlosipedia... or Carlosquest.... or The Carloschannel with locals on the eights', ya I like that one more.
    Truman BA Campbell
    2KX RGV Chapter Sectary

03 ZZR 1200
    BIG BLUE BEAST

99 ish' GSXR 750
    "You know, that ship's saved my life quite a few times. She's the fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy!"~Lando~

I like Carloskicksyourass a lot more

Carlos Muriel
    "Speedy McSpeed"
    2008 Ducati 848 Slave I

I'm a Honda guy.

GhostRider
    Post-Whore Extraordinaire

I like Carloskicksyourass a lot more
    WWWOOOOOOPPPPPPAAAAAAAAAA AA AA AA A A a a a a a a!
    Truman BA Campbell
    2KX RGV Chapter Sectary

03 ZZR 1200
    BIG BLUE BEAST

99 ish' GSXR 750

BigRoach Guest

Quote Originally Posted by TRU View Post

Yes

Congrats on the recovery, **** shame you have to pay to get your own property back.
    ________
    How To Roll A Joint

Glad to hear it worked out.
    I've been the victim of theft and recovery and it sure is nice to get your wheels back.
    Darren Carlson
    1987 Hurricane 1000 (Sold)
    2003 Kawasaki KDX200
    2006 DRZ400SM
    2003 230CRF (Ruth's)
    AMA#251131

BigRoach Guest

So, just an update.
    After taking off all the plastic and surveying the damage, so far I've found that the ignition was busted, the triple tree is cracked, and the forks are kinda tweaked.
    Luckily a friend of mine happened to have an extra ignition laying around that happened to fit my bike, so we plugged it up in there. At first it wouldn't start, so we checked the fuses, and what I think is the 30A fuse for the starter relay, or something like that, was busted. After replacing the fuse, the bike would start.

So I'm ordering a triple tree this week, and once I get it, I'm gonna change the fluid in the forks while it's apart, and hopefully it will all go back together nicely.

We'll see.

Let me know if you need help with anything Ben. Good luck.
    Gregg Crow
    For information about the Panhandle TSBA contact me at pak714 at isp dot com or check out http://panhandlesportbike.com/