Thread: Just gotta vent ...

Unhappy Just gotta vent ...

THIS WEATHER SUCKS!
    Pat Carey
    2008 Yamaha FJR1300A

I rode to work this morning at 5 a.m. in the rain. I was supposed to go out of town after work to Tarpley but the roads are closed due to flooding on 470 west of Bandera. I was sliding on the tar snakes this morning. My front tire seems to have gone bad???
    It is shaking like it is out of balance and it is wearing weird. It is worn more on the left than the right?? Not sure what happened other than the bad/old rear tire I had on previously. I am trying to get one tomorrow morning so I can ride in the rain.
    Mark
    VFR1200F

Yeah... this weather is bad for riding. When it comes to rain, I'm the biggest baby around. For me it takes all the fun out of riding and makes it more of a chore that a joy.

Looking back over the last year, I can't remember many weekends I (we) haven't ridden. We have sure been blessed with wonderful South TX weather. I guess our good fortune was bound to run out at some point.

PS. and yes Mark... your front tire is shot! I think you are right... the rear one is causing the trouble. Glad to see you are getting some new rubber. That should make our rides more interesting huh?
    Ray Forsbach
    01' Triumph 955i
    05' Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    02' BMW R1150RT

Well, for the record, if I get caught in the rain, I kind of enjoy the challenge. But, I don't go out to ride in the rain for fun. I was off 2 days this week but all I could do was work.

Ray, if the rides get any "more interesting" I'm gonna end up in the gravel again.

NOT!
    Pat Carey
    2008 Yamaha FJR1300A

We want "more interesting" not "more gravel"!

PS. Been there too, unfortunately more than once!
    Ray Forsbach
    01' Triumph 955i
    05' Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    02' BMW R1150RT

Mark your problem comes from the right hand. Too many wheelies and burnouts.
    Randall
    2008 Hayabusa
    2006 ZX6R

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Roadrunner View Post
    Mark your problem comes from the right hand. Too many wheelies and burnouts.
    Just put a PR2CT on the front this morning. The sun is blazing over here. I am going to head out shortly to scrub in the front tire some. Going down River Road.
    Mark
    VFR1200F

Wish I could ride with you!
    Enjoy amigo!
    Mase Molina
    2009-2011 RGV Chapter President
    Cell# 956.342.2631
    email: nursemmolina at yahoo dot com
    1999 BMW K1200RS
    2004 KAWASAKI ZX10R (sold)
    2007 KAWASAKI ZX1400R
    2004 Ducati 749R No.189
    1985 Honda VF1000R

"If you don't ride in the rain, you don't ride."~Author
    Unknown

"I drive way too fast to worry about cholesterol. "

I believe many Harley guys spend more time revving their engines than actually driving anywhere; I sometimes wonder why they bother to have wheels on their motorcycles.
    Dave Barry

Me and ZX went to Kendalia,and back to Boerne,and Amann rd to Sa,Tx whoopie no deer only one Leo ,he was cool and I was gone.