Thread: Two Old Goats Playing In The Dirt

Default Two Old Goats Playing In The Dirt

Yesterday, Ivan & I went up to Hidden Falls Adventure Park just outside of Marble Falls http://www.hiddenfallsadventurepark.com/ . I had some work to do in the morning so we didn't get up there until 2 or so.

Here we all fresh and rested with nice clean bikes

Here we are after riding about 36 miles (about 3-1/2 hours of riding) of ATV trails along with a small amount of single track.

I wanted to brush up on my off-road skills before going to CO next week and Ivan wanted to check out his new dual sport. I borrowed a wr450f to see how I did. We both had a blast and did well most of the time. While we mainly did the ATV trails, the 2 sections of motorcycle single track we did were from each of the 2 trails they had. One is for intermediate riders and the other is for expert level. The small portion of the intermediate trail was fun but challenging. The part of the expert trail we did I dubbed "the path to hell." We hit a few gnarly sections and if Ivan would have had his gun, I think he would have shot me. Anyway, it'll be a while before I tackle that trail for sure.

The park itself was a lot of fun and there was hardly anyone on it. We saw other riders just a couple of times all day. We rode around all the park roads and checked out the entrances to the 4x4 trails.

I'm going back tomorrow for more workout.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

'16 Husky TE250
    '06 Yamaha WR450F
    '98 Honda ST1100

Wow! That looks like fun to me. This old goat would love to go sometime. All I need is another bike.
    Pat Carey
    2008 Yamaha FJR1300A

I definetly want to check that place out.
    =================
    10 R1200GS
    07 WR450F
    I'm on a bus on a psychodelic trip reading murder books and tryin' to stay hip.

Quote Originally Posted by CalamariKid View Post
    I definetly want to check that place out.
    Oh yeah!
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

'16 Husky TE250
    '06 Yamaha WR450F
    '98 Honda ST1100