Thread: Labor Day Dirt Ride - Hidden Falls

Default Labor Day Dirt Ride - Hidden Falls

I'm planning on going to Hidden Falls Adventure Park on Labor Day Monday to play in the dirt. It's just outside of Marble Falls. There are some single track mc trails as well as lots of ATV trails too. There are also some 4x4 trails if you want to do some rock crawling. Motorcycles can go on any trail they have.

Here's the ATV trail map

Here's the mc single track tail map

So far it's Donny & I and I'm working on getting Ivan to come out. Charles, what about it? Devon & I went up yesterday and the weather was perfect, overcast & in the 80's. Hopefully Labor Day Weekend will have great weather too.

There's camping so if anyone goes for the weekend, I can also go anytime except for Sunday morning.

C'mon Brian, get that ATV ready, I'll bring the kibbles-n-bits.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

Ooohh, very nice. Think I'll try and make it Carl. Will probably head up Sunday and camp overnight.
    =================
    10 R1200GS
    07 WR450F
    I'm on a bus on a psychodelic trip reading murder books and tryin' to stay hip.

Sweet Charles. If you make it up Sunday, let me know when you think you'll get there. I can be up there by 3 which still leaves plenty of time for riding.

When Devon & I went up, we rode some of the south loop. Lots of fun for sure.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

Will do Carl, I'll have a better idea as we get closer, need to see what else is going on that weekend which will determine how soon I can boogie out there.
    =================
    10 R1200GS
    07 WR450F

Don't forget to take up any water, snacks, and food needed. They have a small concession stand but I'm not sure if it'll be open or not. Charles, we can roll into Marble Falls for dinner Sunday night if I camp up there.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

Sounds good. I'm still deciding if I want to camp or get a room for Sunday night.
    =================
    10 R1200GS
    07 WR450F

I will probably head out there Sunday morning and should get there around noonish. Will PM my cell phone number to you, though don't know if it will work there. I'll be in a grey 4 door Nissan Titan.
    =================
    10 R1200GS
    07 WR450F

They have good cell coverage there. I'll give you a buzz later on.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

Well, thought the weekend was wide open for playing.....................only to find out that I am dog sitting Sunday and Monday. Never knew relationships required advanced pto notices, just thought you shoot from the hip on all decisions. Just got some more parts in for the toy too. Oh well. In a few more weekends I will be ready to go.
    Brian B
    CMRA #??? Hardly even a part timer anymore
    TMGP #89 Expert Look out world mini's rule

Heck with it, just shoot from the hip (says the single guy).

No problem Brian. When you get ready and want to go, even on a Monday, let me know early enough to schedule it off.
    Last edited by CarlT; September 1st, 2010 at 09:34 PM.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

Looks like they're getting some rain up there too. That'll help keep some dust down and give a few mud holes to play in.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

I got up there before 4 on Sunday. I unloaded the bike as headed out to play. I met Charles heading back to base camp to take a break. I went out on a little loop and went back. Charles & I went out and ran some atv trails and then some single track. We ran a couple of trails I hadn't been on yet. Going down a one way trail (the right way), we met a large side by side followed by 4 jeeps on a blind right hander. It wasn't a jeep trail and they weren't going the right way. Later, Charles pinched the tube in his front tire. Of course we were at the farthest part from base camp. We limped back but at least the riding was easy so there were no problems.

We loaded up his bike to repair the tire at my house and left my truck & bike there. We stopped in Johnson City and ate a great chicken fried steak at the Hill Country Cupboard. We stopped by Scot's house to borrow his tire irons and headed to my house. Showered and crashed out a little before midnight, long day.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

Monday morning we woke up and started working on the front tire. I had a spare tube so we slapped it in. In setting the bead, we pinched that one. Ivan came over to supervise and we took the tubes down to a local tire shop to patch. With Ivan's interpretation skills, we got them patched and back to the garage we go. Tire fixed we packed up and headed back albeit a few hours later than we planned.

We stopped for brunch at the Hill Country Cupboard again finally got back up there just before noon. We saddled up and went out riding again. We ran more atv trails and hit some more single track. We picked up the trail on some spots we hadn't ran before. We were doing pretty good but came upon a real tight section that was pretty technical. I was leading and trying to go up a section, my feet bounced off the pegs and I stalled it. Down I go. Charles did something similar on the tough section right below me so we decided it was time for a break. After our pulse rate came down a bit, we decided we were out of shape old farts and we had already had enough good riding. Pushing it any further would have the possibility of really doing something stupid. Wisdom changed our plans (a new concept for me) so we headed back to base camp. We'd been out a couple hours and were worn out.

As we loaded up, it started to rain so our timing was good. While I wouldn't have minded riding in mud, Charles brought up the fact that wet rocks would be slippery. Darn, didn't consider that scenario. As soon as I got in the truck, my arms turned to noodles. Our timing was very good after all.

Total for the weekend was 40 miles of riding and tons of smiles on my mug. Glad you came up Charles, it was great riding with you. We gotta do it again for sure.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

Oh yeah, I know you had some work to get done Donny, but you missed out on some great riding.

Actually, I think you were afraid of ingesting some geritol enriched trail dust.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

Dude, I know! Being self-employed I always used to say that I would always take time for self, but, as I get up to my neck in work, I can NOT take a break, this is the whacky part of it, there's always work to do! 2010 has been a good $$$$ year so far. I need to hire someone, so I can show you how to dance in the dirt with your partner Miss WR450F!

Got an El Camino right now, a 70 'Cuda convertible waiting -- which is on deck, and, a 49 Chevy truck that's coming in soon...along with another 'Cuda, and more antique furniture coming on Thursday. Yeah, I need a dirt bike break!!!

...and don't even start about the neglected ZX14 and Ducati!!!
    Last edited by Donny; September 13th, 2010 at 10:53 PM.