Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Labor day ride 9/6 updated

Am I that dunk?? or is this thread that confusing??

Some one make the floor stop spinning and this thread easier to follow. pklus tje Gshhhhhhh kh,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnn;[phfffffffffffffffffff

thhankssssssssssssssssss;khjnl iNNNNNNNNNNNNN N

laTERS

tHOMAS "Tiller" Nutt
    \02 BMW R1150 GS-Adventure
    \14 Yamaha FZ8
    \66 Ducati 160 monza Jr

>Where is that dictin....dicshi...dick... You know, that book with all those words in it!!!

Had a great ride. Old timers of course. Myself, Ivan, Doug and Gary made the goat trail express. Where else can you go 82 continuous miles at around 20-25 miles over the speed limit and never pass a car?

Little rough on the bladder huh Ivan.

When we left, it was 68 degrees. The bank said 82 degrees on the route home. Exactly 200 miles traveled. That's what I am talking about.

Hope you guys had fun.

Ciao.
    -mike benson

"Your life will change when you change the way you look at life."

Arrow

There is an update for the ride I am doing on Monday Sept. 6th Labor Day.
    I will editing my previous posts but here is the info anyway.

We will be meeting at El Jalisco Grill instead of Blanco Cafe because BC is closed. El Jalisco Grill is only a few more yards down Blanco on the same side and next to Sonic. Easy to find. http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl...27812025875954

Same time 8:15 and leaving at 9 a.m. sharp.
    Passing The second Exxon on Bandera Rd. outside Loop 1604 and leaving there at 9:15....

I have people and other groups possibly meeting up with us, so I am trying to stick with this schedule.
    If you are late, we may not be there. Follow the route.
    Mark
    VFR1200F

The Monday morning ride Gary will be leading for B'fast will start from Valero / Bulverde Rd @ 0745, meet shortly before that. We will be heading out towards Boerne to pick up the Houston rider and then to Kerrville Via 474 / 473 / Cypress Creek, for B'fast, returning down Hwy 16. Plan is to get home shortly after noon.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Mark I will be at the Exxon ON Bandera with Pat if he shows! Can we go scare the **** out of Gary? Just joking! How about the sweepers on 471????? I think. Then up to leakey. Just a thought you are the ride Master?

Gary!

I'm so confused!
    Bryan B.
    2009 - 2012 San Antonio Chapter President
    Email Me.

04' ZX12R (Gone was a nice ride)
    11' ZX10R (OMG )

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Mark I will be at the Exxon ON Bandera with Pat if he shows! Can we go scare the **** out of Gary? Just joking! How about the sweepers on 471????? I think. Then up to leakey. Just a thought you are the ride Master?

Gary!

I'm so confused!
    My friend Eric Williams on his late 90's VFR750 should be at Exxon also.
    471? Maybe 470 towards Tarpley you mean?? and skip PR37.
    Any route is fine to Leakey. Randall is trying to meet up with us somewhere along the route with some of his friends. I am waiting for his call but I am not going to base my route on his route. The goal is to try the barbeque as you requested and be back home by 3 or so, all else is gravy.
    Mark
    VFR1200F

Quote Originally Posted by Inlaw1 View Post

The Monday morning ride Gary will be leading for B'fast will start from Valero / Bulverde Rd @ 0745, meet shortly before that. We will be heading out towards Boerne to pick up the Houston rider and then to Kerrville Via 474 / 473 / Cypress Creek, for B'fast, returning down Hwy 16. Plan is to get home shortly after noon.
    Thanks for finally posting clear information
    Remember the road is still not paved between Sisterdale and the turn to Comfort(several miles of dirt)
    Mark
    VFR1200F

Mark & Bryan,
    I'm in. See you at Helotes Exxon at 9:15.

Woo Hoo!
    Pat Carey
    2008 Yamaha FJR1300A

Quote Originally Posted by ST Mark View Post
    471? Maybe 470 towards Tarpley you mean?? and skip PR37.
    Yes if that is the one that go's towards the back side of Hondo?
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

I can't make it, have to help my brother in law with his truck in the morning.
    Devon Lippincott

Left of center and forward of indecision.

'99 GSF1200
    '04 Brutale

Yes if that is the one that go's towards the back side of Hondo?
    Sorry, 471 is Culebra Rd. I just remembered.
    It seems kind of out of the way and 471 leads to 1280 by Lakehills where all the boats will be. I would rather stick to 16 into Bandera and on
    We can talk about it tomorrow. Randall should be meeting up with us in Helotes.
    Mark
    VFR1200F

I'll talk to you in the morning. We can bypass lakehills and end up on 470 in Tarpley.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

Great ride today
    Started with 10 bikes and met up with Thomas just before the mountain.
    1 rider down from a group before us in the middle of the mountain (same place as the guy from Wisconsin)
    Ate at the bent rim and headed back.
    Got pretty wet on 473 with the scattered rain but made it home safe.
    Bearable temps. all day
    No offroading and no awards........great ride
    471 was fun Bryan
    Mark
    VFR1200F

It was a particularly fun ride for me as it's been a while since I've been able to ride. We got wet on 16 going home as well but no problems. Thanks Mark and thanks Bryan for getting us home. Everybody take care. See you next time.
    Pat Carey
    2008 Yamaha FJR1300A

It was a great ride. Glade it turned out the way it did.

Except for the rain.

Mark 471 is always fun. Now let's talk about that loop to Bracketville.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

Mark 471 is always fun. Now let's talk about that loop to Bracketville.
    I've been on 674 out of Rocksprings down to Bracketville. It's got some fun spots although it has cattle guards and goes through open grazing range. 334 back towards 55 & Camp Wood wasn't anything special.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

'16 Husky TE250
    '06 Yamaha WR450F
    '98 Honda ST1100

Thanks Gary and Thomas....great ride..Will have to come back for more hill country..Made it safe back to Houston.....hit rain several times....Great SA hospitality...thanks again
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
    thanks again
    No problem Jim! Glad to have you out and a pleasure to show you around!

I had a very good ride both days, Sunday with Mike, Ivan and Doug. I guess I'm getting slow in my old age, Doug even beat me to the Valero meet point. Followed Mikey on his goat trail adventure, which was a nice change of scenery. Got to one point on Old Blanco Rd (which I have not been down for years) and saw a spectacular view off to the south east. Forgot the vista's you can find out that way.

Ended up in Luchenback with all the pirates waiting for the music to start and beer to flow. Got out of there before the crowds hit. Ivan and I electing the shorter route home. There was talk about rear tires and them being worn down on more than one bike, mine included. I hadn't really looked closely, having run 'Stones forever, I thought I knew how far they could go. I was later to find I miss judged.

Monday was a bit of a gloomy start but that kept the temps down, even ran though some fog up north of Boerne. I met up with Thomas at the Valero / Bulverde and then we met up with Jim, whom was in town with family and wanted a taste of some Hill Country riding, out in Boerne. Headed north from there on 474 to 473 to pick up the remainder of the Cypress Creek Express. Stopping in Kerrville for a quick gas and B'fast taco, we headed down 16 (where I noticed what looks like an expansion of the Koyote Ranch north of the "mountain", called the Koyote Merchantile. Have to check out what that is supposed to turn into.

Thomas broke off in Medina to meet Mark K's (not S) group in Leakey. Jim and I continued south through Bandera and down 16 to end a very good ride that was uneventful but exhilirating. The cool temps felt great and are a prelude to the cooler weather that is around the corner!

I was planning on doing a two up on the FJR, making a B'fast run out of it but I ended up riding the CBR because at the last minute Sunday night while preparing the FJR I found the rear was just edging into the cords. This was the first time for a real ride on that bike since, well, er... I'm not sure. Other than riding it a couple of times a year around this part of town to get it completely warmed up and out for maybe an inspection, it hasn't seen any real riding probably since I bought the FJR. I was afraid it was really going to hurt my wrist and elbow, which has been giving me trouble, but it's amazing what 800mg Ibuprofin can do. I had a good ride on it and enjoyed the change. Gonna have to get it out a little more often I think.

And this picture is for you Carl, just to prove the claim I actually took the Honder out!

Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by Inlaw1 View Post
    And this picture is for you Carl, just to prove the claim I actually took the Honder out!
    I say it's photochoped.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

'16 Husky TE250
    '06 Yamaha WR450F
    '98 Honda ST1100

a few pics..I wonder if Thomas remember me pointing at the deer on the side of the road...
    Jim

Quote Originally Posted by CarlT View Post
    I say it's photochoped.
    I knew it...

I gots witness's. I guess I'll just have to bring it out on a ride wit ya soon.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

couple of pics..
    Jim