Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Meeting Place

Default New Meeting Place

Well as those of you that went to the last meeting we no longer have the little room at EZ's. So its time to find a new place.

Post up some Ideas of a place for us to have our meetings. It needs to have a separate room that we can use. It can't cost us anything other then us buying food and drinks from there and it needs to be family friendly.

Oh! It needs to be centrally located.

We will take the ideas and vote on them.
    Bryan B.
    2009 - 2012 San Antonio Chapter President
    Email Me.

04' ZX12R (Gone was a nice ride)
    11' ZX10R (OMG )

I vote for Scott's house. It's centrally located and Amy can make us snacks.

Last edited by CarlT; January 7th, 2011 at 09:48 AM.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

I herd that the by-laws say the meeting MUST be the 3rd Thursday of the month? We might wont to vote and change that. My thinking is that the closer to the weekend, the tougher its going to be to find a place. Why not a Tuesday night? Allot of restaurants are slow that night.

Another thought I had was the fact that some times its only 2 or 3 people that show up. Could we set something up in the by-laws that says... If no more then 5 people post that they are going to show, the meeting will be postpone till the next month.

Its not right that Deb and Bryan are the two out of three that show.

Dont know all the rules or how hard it would be to change some. Was just thinking out loud.

Laters.

I 2nd Scotts house
    \02 BMW R1150 GS-Adventure
    \14 Yamaha FZ8
    \66 Ducati 160 monza Jr

>Where is that dictin....dicshi...dick..TERRI!!!(As I yell for my wife)How do you spell dictionary...Thank you.

Dan emailed me some suggestions of places to check out. So I checked with Carl and he couldn't make lunch today so Thomas and Deborah and I went to "The Lion & Rose" today for lunch. Good food, the three of us didn't think the prices where to bad and you know how cheep Thomas is. You can see the menu online. They do have a meeting room.

The location at Park North shopping Center does not have an opening for us on the day we need it. But the Stone Oak does. This place is just a thought or suggestion. The Stone Oak location is not as central as the Park North but we have to start somewhere.

Carl had a good place but the room is booked except for Mondays. Not sure about the other locations they have but again not centrally located.

I'm up for checking out other locations just post them up and we will talk to them about the room.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

Why have meetings if no one rides?
    Mark
    VFR1200F

I do like the way Thomas thinks.....
    Did I type that out loud?

Thursdays are a bear for me. I have three kids and with home work, feeding them, getting baths and wrestling them to bed, isn't going to work making it home at 9:00 PM. Wednesdays are usually the best for anything in the evening for me because that's Mommy's night to look after the kids.

Most any of the places that we had MotoGP watching parties I think would work for our monthly meetings.
    Thin is in...... Go twin!
    Mark Shiver - Bulverde, Texas - 2001 SV650s - 2005 SV1000s

My best excuse, Thursday night conflicts with Friday trackdays. Another excuse, Thursday night is company bowling league, if I haven't left for the track. Excuse #3, I don't have a street bike. Otherwise, I enjoy seeing and hearing the group. Maybe I'll make more than one meeting in 2011.

Maybe attendance would improve with a reminder email broadcast to chapter members the day before any meeting?
    DavidB
    When I bite into a York peppermint pattie, it's like turn 1 at TWS.

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    My best excuse, Thursday night conflicts with Friday trackdays. Another excuse, Thursday night is company bowling league, if I haven't left for the track. Excuse #3, I don't have a street bike. Otherwise, I enjoy seeing and hearing the group. Maybe I'll make more than one meeting in 2011.

Maybe attendance would improve with a reminder email broadcast to chapter members the day before any meeting?
    David I do send out email's. In fact I'm going to send one out after this post. I guess you never gave Carl an good email when he was Prez. because I got all the email add's from him. I do have an email for you I guess it's no good. I also post a meeting reminder.

I send out emails the sunday before each meeting. Alright maybe Monday every now and again.
    Last edited by Bryan; January 16th, 2011 at 10:21 PM.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

Lion and the rose is great. I vote for the stone oak location. The food is the same at all of them.
    Dan H.
    '01 ZRX
    GPz 550
    ZX7 M1 ('93 WSB version)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh1 View Post
    Lion and the rose is great. I vote for the stone oak location. The food is the same at all of them.

I talked to them yesterday and their room will hold 35. But he asked me if it has to be privet! I said well yes! I don't want to have a meeting and have to yell or the crowd!

His point was that if we only had 3 - 5 people in the room he could use to other tables like on the nights the Spurs play. I asked so it would be loud? he said yes.

I'm still looking for a better place. But what we would like to do is keep it centrally located. That my have to go out the window to find a place.

I could use more help other then just Carl and I. More suggestions like Dan's for me to check out would be great.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

The stone oak and Broadway Lion and Rose both have rooms that can close off. Granted if we are there on a super busy night, I can see them not giving us sole and exclusive use. But I've not been there when they are packed on anything other than a Friday/Sat night.

Broadway's private room is smaller, but it is the only non smoking part of the place.

It seems like most of us live on the Northish side, so the location should be central North of 410 and inside 1604. That is a pretty big area.

The problem is a quiet room. The trend is open areas, which are stupid loud. If our meetings had 10-15 people every month, I'm sure Lion and Rose would be happy to have the business. I can't think of any other places with a separate area.
    Last edited by Danoh1; February 17th, 2011 at 01:09 PM.
    Dan H.
    '01 ZRX
    GPz 550
    ZX7 M1 ('93 WSB version)

The Stone Oak is the only one that has an opening on the day of the week we would need it. The other locations where already booked.

Carl and I have found some places that have "Meeting Rooms" but they are all booked.

That is why it's hard to find a place that is centrally located. At one point we are going to have to through that requirement out the window until something better comes up. We thought we found a place over on the north east side but when Carl stopped by the other day "closed"!

Broadway 5050 has a nice room that we might try next month. I just want to stay as close to everybody as we can but have a place where we can have a meeting and a good verity of food that is not expansive.

Broadway 5050 is by no means centrally located but I'm pretty sure we can get the room and they wait on us not call out a number.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

you talking about the original on Broadway or the second one by Cycle gear?

And they have the worlds best onion rings. I say try it out.
    Dan H.
    '01 ZRX
    GPz 550
    ZX7 M1 ('93 WSB version)

you talking about the original on Broadway or the second one by Cycle gear?

And they have the worlds best onion rings. I say try it out.
    By cycle gear!
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

I like marks idea of meeting on a ride morning. If u meet early enough no one will be out. And would think it would give more people a reason to ride as well. two birds one stone sort of thing.
    ROBERT SEYMOUR
    BLANCO TX

ZX10R

I don't like it. Meeting is a meeting. Ride is a ride.
    Dan H.
    '01 ZRX
    GPz 550
    ZX7 M1 ('93 WSB version)

I don't think holding a meeting right before a ride would be very productive.. early morning (30 min to 1 hr before KSU, with people arriving late), standing next to the bikes in the parking lot while traffic buzzes about, keeping the meeting on track, weather could affect attendance, etc ...

I wonder if there's a cheap way to hold virtual meetings over the internet?
    Last edited by Doug; February 20th, 2011 at 01:54 PM.
    Doug Smith
    \'01 Yamaha FZ1

Quote Originally Posted by Doug View Post

I don't think holding a meeting right before a ride would be very productive.. early morning (30 min to 1 hr before KSU, with people arriving late), standing next to the bikes in the parking lot while traffic buzzes about, keeping the meeting on track, weather could affect attendance, etc ...
    We tried this once for a short time, and Dan is right, and Doug outlines many reasons why it just doesn't work. Besides, the meeting is also supposed to be a social outlet to use, like the dinner nights. An excuse to get together once a month and BS over food.

Unfortunately, with my schedule I'm off too late to make it here lately, but will try and improve my attendance in the future. As for a new place, I'm willing to try most place, as long as we can seperate from the rest of the crowd, it is hard to get business done when your mixed in with the rest of the customers.

In regards to moving the day from Thurs to Tues, the meetings were originally held on Tues night in all the chapters, but for one reason or another they have been moved around to accomodate whatever reason. I think SA's reason was Two Wheel Tues used to be and everyone wanted to watch it, so our meeting was moved to Thurs. Doesn't mean it can't be moved back again though.

Dats my
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Sounds like I am off track but attendance is a problem now if i understand correctly. Would not have to have the meeting in the parking lot but over a good breakfast early like sevenish. I can not speek for others but no way can I make it in the evenings on a week night. I have three kids in school.

The few meetings I went to most of the peps rode there bikes to them so weather would be no more of a factor than before.

With that said if its been tried in the past and did not work than I would not think the same would work now.
    ROBERT SEYMOUR
    BLANCO TX

ZX10R

Jacalas mexican foot has an out door section that is never full during the week. they have great food and are located on west ave down by fred road. in the winter they drop plastic down on the sides and turn on heaters.

Thats about the only other place I could think of.
    ROBERT SEYMOUR
    BLANCO TX

ZX10R

Quote Originally Posted by SEYMOUR1 View Post
    Jacalas mexican foot has an out door section that is never full during the week. they have great food and are located on west ave down by fred road. in the winter they drop plastic down on the sides and turn on heaters.

Thats about the only other place I could think of.
    We have been their three times for Dinner night. You should come join us sometime.

And no not a quite place for a meeting.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

Some sushi bar would not be a good idea b/c the squids might not show.
    ROBERT SEYMOUR
    BLANCO TX

ZX10R

Sounds like I am off track but attendance is a problem now if i understand correctly. Would not have to have the meeting in the parking lot but over a good breakfast early like sevenish. I can not speek for others but no way can I make it in the evenings on a week night. I have three kids in school.

The few meetings I went to most of the peps rode there bikes to them so weather would be no more of a factor than before.

With that said if its been tried in the past and did not work than I would not think the same would work now.

Robert, Attendance is not the biggest deal. Meeting nights has it's up's and downs. People just have things to do and can't make it. It happens! It's just like weekend rides they just can't happen every weekend. Some have things to do on Saturday and others have planes for Sunday. We just post them and hope somebody shows up.

The biggest deal is losing our meeting room. That is what we need to find.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

Some sushi bar would not be a good idea b/c the squids might not show.

NO SUSHI!
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

This month's meeting we are going to try out Broadway 5050. They have a nice meeting room.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )