Thread: UPDATE: TSBA EVENT/RIDE: Cars and Coffee Feb 12 2011

Default UPDATE: TSBA EVENT/RIDE: Cars and Coffee Feb 12 2011

UPDATE: Note the DATE HAS CHANGED TO SATURDAY FEBRUARY 12 due to weather.

There is a pretty cool event every month. I went a couple of months ago or so and found some very interesting cars (esp the old Jaguars) along with a few vintage motorcycles.

My plan is to bring the Land Cruiser and pull up the roof top tent since my red neck Hilton seems to attract a lot of attention LOL. I plan on bringing the race bike and a street bike (my ZX7R) on the trailer (for the post event ride). Maybe we should put up post cards on our bikes like "0 - 60 in 2.7 seconds".

Here is the website for more info.

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/

The location is here:

http://dallas.carsandcoffee.info/directions.php

There are occasionally some unique motorcycles in addition to cars and many of us are also car enthusiasts.

1. Is there interest in a bunch of TSBA folks attending this and having a common area set aside for the TSBA?

2. Has anyone ever done a TSBA banner we could use? Mike is this something we could get done if there is interest? If not too much I can contribute personally.

3. The meeting is between 8 and 12 the first Saturday of every month. Suggest we add a ride event (location/route suggestions appreciated)
    The weather will be 57 degrees and Sunny and the week prior to and week after is really ugly weather so good day to get out. Suggest a max 3 hour ride as sunset is dangerous at around 4:30 and gets dark at 5:30 these days.

FYI - Ran part of BJ Hughes "Devils Thighbone" route Saturday two up on my Triumph - watch out for the Police on 455 West around Celina Texas. Got a nice speeding ticket (my first after over 35,000 miles on my bikes in 3 years) for my lawyer to play with. Overall he was very courteous and professional but 80 in a 55 didn't work for him.

BTW - careful when you leave this event as the Plano Police knows that cars like to show off when they leave so they park a cruiser or motorcycle/scooter cop at the exit with a warning about burn outs

p.s. As usual the Fort Worth Chapter is more than welcome to attend although I realize this is a bit of a trek from there.

Regards,
    Mark
    Dallas TSBA Vice Pres

New Race Bike (2011 ZX10R ABS)

2000 Ducati 996 SPS

GSXR 750 (Retired Track Bike - for sale)

ZX7R 2003

Triumph Sprint 955i

Kersten and I have been looking at going to this. My local Texas Impreza Club always shows up to these events.

With my bday this weekend and Superbowl I am not sure what my time line is. I would like to take the bike to help with the promotion. Let me figure out what is going on and I will get back with you.
    "If you have to sign a wavier, it is probably worth doing."

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap

It's a great event... I know many people that show there, and also vendors.

This Sat there are 3 large events if you want to make a day of it. Cars and Coffee in the AM, next is the Rice Killer Monster Energy mega meet, then Cupcake Meet 9 (Austin)
    Mike N - Blog
    '07 CBR 600RR | '03 VTX1300 | '01 DRZ-400E SM (parting out)

NovoWorks Color Imaging | SoapFX Professional Hand Cleaner

Mark is this thing still on? You still going? If I do do I will be in the car. Looks like it will be too cold for the bike.
    PM me your number so I can find ya out there.

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap

Awww never mind pushed back to the 12th.

See you then.

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap

I know a guy in Dallas that offers some sweet deals on banners and such.
    Justin R (member # 2296)
    Subsiste Sermonem Statim

Quote Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post
    Could likely get a free tire change at the same time. What a bargin.
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by Jus10 View Post

If I had a little bit more time I might be able to pull some strings.
    It would all have to be under the table.....

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap

Default CARS AND COFFEE REMINDER

Ok Dallas folks. Our Fort Worth Brethren are saying they have "TEN" people lined up. Hope to see many of you from Dallas as well at this interesting event.

We were going to camp out there and I have the track bike, Kawasaki, and the motorized Cooler packed up in the Land Cruiser. The parking lot doesn't open up until the morning so I am at a nearby hotel rather than trekking back to Las Colinas. I will be out there around 7am to get a good spot for all of us to park our bikes and I'll have the roof top tent up just because it is something not many people see every day. The focus is Motorsports and Bikes and Cars alike that can all do fun things and most of all "the people" are worth the trip. Some interesting people that love to talk about their vintage Jag or corvette or the latest Audi Spyder will now get to see what we are about.

Thanks to Brandon, Justin, Carl for help getting the vector graphic and to Mike N for getting the banner done. Mike will be bringing to the event and then we can use for future events as well. I'll post up the photos.

After this event Mike N says the Monster Rice Killer event is going to be interesting. Some will ride over there to check it out. Others are considering an SMR but no routes disclosed yet (we can discuss at the event).

Regards,
    Mark
    Dallas TSBA Vice Pres

2000 Ducati 996 SPS

ZX7R 2003

Triumph Sprint 955i

good show, thanks for puttin up the canopy mark
    Frank

Default PICS - Good Show - Thanks for Attending

Quote Originally Posted by Fureinku View Post
    good show, thanks for puttin up the canopy mark
    Thanks - was happy to do it. It's a quirky truck/tent/rv thing so figured it would be fun. Good turn out. Three folks from Dallas and 12 to 14 from Fort Worth. We'll try to do it again when it is warmer for a bigger turnout of cars and our organization as well (as weather, race / track conflicts, etc., allows) - so maybe two or three months from now.

Here is a low res pic - The fort worth crowd came equipped with a nice camera so I am sure the better pics will show up

Some random pics of actual humans since I seem to take pics of everything motor sports but not so much people at these things

There was a group of photographers taking pics and somehow my Orange ZX7R became a subject for their eye along with a special friend who was wearing orange for the occasion (this is the pic of the photographers taking pics vs their subject)

One of the special cars I found interesting - Austin Healey that was formerly raced (and may still be in vintage circles)

Note the cutting edge lap timer below

Regards,
    Mark
    Dallas TSBA Vice Pres

2000 Ducati 996 SPS

ZX7R 2003

Triumph Sprint 955i

Sorry I missed out. I did ride to work though! Unfortunately I am still here 12 hours later!!!
    Chris
    2008 Buell XB12X Ulysses
    2004 KTM 450 MXC
    1996 Bimota SB6
    1988 Honda Hurricane 1000
    1974 Norton Commando 850

Email tsba.ftw@gmail.com to inquire about the Fort Worth Chapter of TSBA.
    https://sites.google.com/site/tsbaftw/Home

Kersten didn't take to many pictures but here are some of them.

Hopefully Jared joins your Dallas group. Seemed like a good guy. He wore all his gear and is into trackdays! :banana:

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap