Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alexsracing gets hit by another rider at MSRH 5-22-2011

We all take risks at track days. That means crashes are a very real possibility. What the other guy did does appears to be wrong, and I am very sorry it happened to the OP. But...I will also bet it wasn't done "on purpose".

I imagine everyone here that has done track days or raced has done a bone headed move. I am with Tom on the payment thing. We ride around out there with people we don't know and everyone has a different perspective. This wasn't the advanced group, so all bets are off in my eyes as to who knows the "proper line". In my opinion (worthless by the way), he could have simply braked harder and got around you later. BUT, I am not him and don't know if he panicked, etc. and neither does anyone else.

I hope you heal up ok and I think it is admirable the guy is offering some "help", he certainly doesn't have to.
    Staton Shed

06 Kawasaki ZX10R
    94 Ducati 900 SS/SP
    02 XR400R street legal

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Master 10R View Post
    Reality = Video = Did i miss a perspective here? I saw this guy riding poorly all day. This wasn't a "one of" slip, this was how he rode.
    I hear ya, I don't think anyone is defending the dude.

Few things here to mention though-
    • There is about 2 milliseconds of "perspective" in the video

• If this person had a trend, why didn't you report him before the accident?

• While it appears that the org took some action with this person I wonder why control riders didn't notice the same things as you all seemed to have, especially if it's that blatent

• Without a different video perspective on the OP's bike, how do we know that he didn't make an untoward movement which caused the contact? (again, this is perspective since it was brought up as a point of contention)

I'm not bashing on you or anyone else who feels like this is a trial going to jury. It's just a discussion; my point of view within the discussion is simply to exemplify that at track days, "we" are placing our lives in the hands of everyone we share that track with. People make mistakes, people make bad decisions, people have problems that cause poor results; to expect or ask for restitution in any of those cases is, in my opinion, rediculous.

Everyone should know several things, and these are my points:

• There is not going to be perfect policing of riders

• This is a sport where you could be killed or seriously injured through fault of your own or fault of another- prepare yourself and your family accordingly

• Not everyone is "you" and may not share your morals/ ethics/ ideology

• Nobody else is responsible for your accident, no matter what your opinion is, so don't expect it, you need to be prepared for the worst

What everyone should do, again in my opinion, is to ride and have fun but keep in the back of your mind that "this" could all be taken away from you without warning.

Quote Originally Posted by VFRacer-R View Post
    Everyone should know several things, and these are my points:

• There is not going to be perfect policing of riders

• This is a sport where you could be killed or seriously injured through fault of your own or fault of another- prepare yourself and your family accordingly

• Not everyone is "you" and may not share your morals/ ethics/ ideology

• Nobody else is responsible for your accident, no matter what your opinion is, so don't expect it, you need to be prepared for the worst

What everyone should do, again in my opinion, is to ride and have fun but keep in the back of your mind that "this" could all be taken away from you without warning.

People get sold on, "the track is the safest place to ride". I think we all know the safety bennifits of riding at the track vs the street but tend to forget single largest risk factor that they both share...humans at the controls.

Also...to the OP...these discussion tend to grow into a larger conversation than a single innocent. Please don't take comments as though they are directed toward you (at least mine).
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata