Thread: TWS LSTD Advanced Rider School Video

Default TWS LSTD Advanced Rider School Video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSY8HfsS9RM

What is really cool about the video is not me (fast-intermediate pace here with plenty to learn), but what you can learn from the following camera mounted on the instructor's bike.

When you watch it you will see places where the camera on the instructor's bike drifts away from me (because I'm off the right line while the instructor stays on the line), and places where he rushes up on my tail (because I'm getting off the gas too soon and losing corner speed).

This is a good teaching video because while you watch me you will see through the camera's motion a faster rider's choices around the track, and how those are different from mine (and maybe yours).

Stay tuned for the end of the video when the instructor VFRacer-R (Tom) passes me off turn 2 (where I had been missing the fast line all session) and runs an expert pace and line until he must slow for what must have been a red or yellow flag.

Tom wishes we had taken first session video, because in this video I look like Colin Freaking Edwards compared to the rider he started with with early Saturday morning. By Sunday afternoon, I had corrected many of the mistakes you see in this video, and was working on new, more interesting, mistakes. But seriously, Tom, the Advanced Rider School, and two days with LSTD at TWS made a huge difference to my riding!
    Dave T.
    2009 ZX-6R track (building a better bike one bent triple clamp at a time)
    2005 Ducati 749 (still for sale, anyone? Anyone? Bueller?)
    2008 EX250 race
    2000/7 SV650 race
    Tom Anderson Limited Edition Aprilia MiniGP

Quote Originally Posted by Dave T View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSY8HfsS9RM

What is really cool about the video is not me (fast-intermediate pace here with plenty to learn), but what you can learn from the following camera mounted on the instructor's bike.

When you watch it you will see places where the camera on the instructor's bike drifts away from me (because I'm off the right line while the instructor stays on the line), and places where he rushes up on my tail (because I'm getting off the gas too soon and losing corner speed).

This is a good teaching video because while you watch me you will see through the camera's motion a faster rider's choices around the track, and how those are different from mine (and maybe yours).

Stay tuned for the end of the video when the instructor VFRacer-R (Tom) passes me off turn 2 (where I had been missing the fast line all session) and runs an expert pace and line until he must slow for what must have been a red or yellow flag.

Tom wishes we had taken first session video, because in this video I look like Colin Freaking Edwards compared to the rider he started with with early Saturday morning. By Sunday afternoon, I had corrected many of the mistakes you see in this video, and was working on new, more interesting, mistakes. But seriously, Tom, the Advanced Rider School, and two days with LSTD at TWS made a huge difference to my riding!
    I'm really glad you were able to get so much out of the school; that is what we aim for!

I think I was running a ~2:00 pace after passing, which was only a tick or two faster than the pace you were running at the end of the day. I didn't bother to time the laps in this vid I don't think, but 'figgered I'd just pick up the pace a couple seconds so you could have a look at what that would look like on different lines with different corner speed/ entry/ exit/ etc.

You did great out there Dave, a lot of fun too!