Thread: Dallas Monthly Meeting June 14 2011

Default Dallas Monthly Meeting June 14 2011

Meeting Location:
    > Blue Goose Addison Across Street from Spring Creek BBQ in Addison on Midway:
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe...69805878868479
    > After Meeting Coffee (same Starbucks):
    Meeting Summary:
    > 7PM - Meet/Eat/Greet
    > 8PM - Meeting starts
    > 9PM - Meeting adjourned

AGENDA

1. Call Meeting To Order at 8:01 PM

2. Roll Call
    > Member Attendance Count:
    > Guest Introduction:

3. Reading of Old Minutes
    > Brief Highlights

4. Treasurer / Secretary Report (Ben G)
    > Current Balance:

>
    Expenses:
    > Planned Expenses:
    > Membership count:
    > Birthdays:

5. Old Business

6. New Business

>TBD
    7. Meeting adjourned at 9 PM (then to SBUX for those that want to have informal after meeting coffee)
    Mark
    Dallas TSBA Vice Pres

New Race Bike (2011 ZX10R ABS)

2000 Ducati 996 SPS

GSXR 750 (Retired Track Bike - for sale)

ZX7R 2003

Triumph Sprint 955i

That was today?
    Bill "as mentioned in the DMN!"

'07 GSX-R 750

exVP TSBA Dallas

Need some info on the Dallas TSBA? Contact someone else

The gods do not deduct from a man's allotted time on earth, the hours he spends riding a motorcycle.

"...compared to two GSXR guys, where one stands up, yells "yee-haw!", and tosses the other guy into a tree." Rob

Default Dallas Meetings

Yep.. that was yesterday. 2nd Tuesday of every month.

I showed up at 7:50.. ordered some food.. waited around.. didn't see anyone but a few people from the regular Tuesday vintage bike club and left around 9:30.

2nd time I have been there and no one showed. Not really complaining .. just saying..besides I had good company and mango margaritas were good (I didn't ride so I could drink a little more). Goose ran out of blue ritas since they were selling those for $3 for Mav's games.

I'm going to just start picking restaurants I want to eat at, announcing it a week ahead, and whoever shows can show. Since I am the only one there I might as well pick some place I want to eat (Goose isn't bad but..)

Lots of folks on vacations I think. It was also a weird month where the 1st was on a Wednesday so probably feels like wrong week but this was the 2nd Tuesday of this month. Was hoping to discuss an Arkansas ride and a TSBA track day event. Guess I will just post up and not worrying about organizing too much for now since everyone seems really busy.

I have a couple of suggestions for the next meeting 1) is Vickery Park near downtown.. really good food, good outdoor patio that lets you smoke a stogie if you want, and "really good scenery" or 2) Elite Cigar Cafe in Addison.

I'll post up something a little closer to the next one.

Regards,
    Mark
    Dallas TSBA Vice Pres

2000 Ducati 996 SPS

ZX7R 2003

Triumph Sprint 955i

Quote Originally Posted by fairing lurker View Post
    2nd time I have been there and no one showed.
    Maybe if people thought there was an actual meeting happening they'd show up. w/o a single post stating "I'm in." or "I'll be there." and nothing listed in the agenda, why would anyone think others are going?
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

I try to post a thread the week before and I send out a group email at the same time. I also send a reminder email the day before. Members tell me emails help.
    Chris
    2008 Buell XB12X Ulysses
    2004 KTM 450 MXC
    1996 Bimota SB6
    1988 Honda Hurricane 1000
    1974 Norton Commando 850

Email tsba.ftw@gmail.com to inquire about the Fort Worth Chapter of TSBA.
    https://sites.google.com/site/tsbaftw/Home

Yeah forum is dead.

Mark I lost your number so text me on the TSBA track day.

The Fort Worth guys never check the forum. So the email helps them out the most I think. Doesn't help that 3 of us are busy trying to get a wedding together, along with attending the other 2 weddings.
    "If you have to sign a wavier, it is probably worth doing."

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap

Elite seegar cafe sounds like fun!
    Bill "as mentioned in the DMN!"

'07 GSX-R 750

exVP TSBA Dallas

Need some info on the Dallas TSBA? Contact someone else

The gods do not deduct from a man's allotted time on earth, the hours he spends riding a motorcycle.

"...compared to two GSXR guys, where one stands up, yells "yee-haw!", and tosses the other guy into a tree." Rob

Default contact info

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_02 View Post
    Yeah forum is dead.

Mark I lost your number so text me on the TSBA track day.

The Fort Worth guys never check the forum. So the email helps them out the most I think. Doesn't help that 3 of us are busy trying to get a wedding together, along with attending the other 2 weddings.
    We've tried facebook with limited results. I'm lucky to get time to post the meeting notice in time for the meeting with my schedule and sounds like a lot of us are busy. I will try to get a email broadcast put together (good idea) and a good suggestion on populating the agenda a bit more as well.

Will text you about the next track event BTW number is 214 783 1077 Hopefully my race bike will be back together soon. I wiped out in Big Bend during the last CMRA race I ran on Sunday (I'm good.. bike isn't.. doh!)

Regards,
    Mark
    Dallas TSBA Vice Pres

2000 Ducati 996 SPS

ZX7R 2003

Triumph Sprint 955i

Cool

I think I've made maybe 2 or 3 meetings in the 8 or 10 years (or however long it's been) that I've been a member. Just not my thing regardless of where it is held.

It's worth my $24 a year to be a member; I've met some good folks (many I would count as true friends); I have access to the bbs...what else do I need?

Nothing wrong with posting/discussing Arkansas rides and track days right here.

Oh, and I need to get another bike soon!
    Ben H.

Quote Originally Posted by bjhughes View Post
    I think I've made maybe 2 or 3 meetings in the 8 or 10 years (or however long it's been) that I've been a member. Just not my thing regardless of where it is held.

It's worth my $24 a year to be a member; I've met some good folks (many I would count as true friends); I have access to the bbs...what else do I need?

I have a spare one, if you need a fix.
    Darren Baldwin

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by dbaldwin View Post
    I have a spare one, if you need a fix.
    Thanks...very kind of you to offer. Right now I'm trying to figure out how to fit one in my new little 2 car garage. Going from a 3 car to a 2 car garage sucks.
    Ben H.

Quote Originally Posted by bjhughes View Post

I tend to show up a bit more often than that, it seems to be not much though. I try to hit the forum to see what's up. My schedule isn't really conducive to evening activities. That said if suitable scenery is presented I tend to be waaay more flexible.
    I guess bikes are like women. What you think you want, and what you really want, change after the first ride.

Al

2001 DRZ470S Motard or Dirt
    2005 R1200GS AKA The Mothership
    2003 Z1000 Nuclear Pumpkin (gone)
    1986 RG500 WW Gamma (gone to a good home)

Quote Originally Posted by Plane Dr View Post
    That said if suitable scenery is presented I tend to be waaay more flexible.
    I vote for Bone Daddy's!
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata