Thread: WMR 10-26-11

Default WMR 10-26-11

I'm on vacation starting Wednesday so I'm thinking about going on a ride in the morning. Start time would be 9 am at the Valero on Bulverde & 1604. I'll go out through Bandera and into Kerrville. I'll probably go up Old #9 and grab lunch at the Alamo Springs Cafe. The pace will be moderate according to who shows up. Newbies/visitors will be welcome. Post up or call/text me @ ate-fore-three oh-sevin-tu-oh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

'16 Husky TE250
    '06 Yamaha WR450F
    '98 Honda ST1100

Since I have to go to Lampasas for work that morning I may take the afternoon off sinc I will be so close to CTOR and have a RM that needs some trail work.

As usual when I get ready to go on vacation, a critical (to us at least) pc goes south. I'll be working on a new build tonight and hopefully I'll still be good to go. If someone also has the day off and wants to go, let me know as I might have to adjust the start time a little.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

'16 Husky TE250
    '06 Yamaha WR450F
    '98 Honda ST1100

I'm still heading out this morning. I've got to stop by work early to check on things but then it's time to ride.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

'16 Husky TE250
    '06 Yamaha WR450F
    '98 Honda ST1100

Great ride today. It started off overcast but cleared up quickly. It was pretty breezy all morning though. The traffic was light for the most part and I was able to enjoy the road. I changed fork fluid in the Rex and spooned on some stickier tires and it sure handled great. I ran up to Alamo Springs Cafe for lunch and it was killer as usual. While Old #9 is a little worse than before, I didn't think it was that bad as I was rolling through there at a pretty good clip. Good suspension helps and I guess I'm spoiled there.

The only bummer of the day was that the radiator on my rex started leaking near the top where the hot coolant comes in. It's a know issue with the bike and I've fixed the same problem before. Time to break out the JB-Weld.

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

'16 Husky TE250
    '06 Yamaha WR450F
    '98 Honda ST1100