Thread: Dinner Invite TSBA members: Stackhouse Burgers Downtown Dallas

Default Dinner Invite TSBA members: Stackhouse Burgers Downtown Dallas

See other post for TSBA business now conducted virtually to improve access to key decisions that affect our club.

This notice is simply "Dinner".

Date: Tuesday, November 8 2011

Time: 7:15ish (they close at 9:00 on weekdays, 11pm on weekends)

2917 Gaston Ave. Dallas, TX 75204

Map:

http://maps.google.com/maps?daddr=29...m&z=16&vpsrc=0

Article about the restaurant:

http://sidedish.dmagazine.com/2011/1...allas-is-open/

My experience:

I went there last Thursday with the Motopia folks. As some may be aware this is a joint venture with Randy Kienast and Ben Spies. Many of you know Ben Spies of course. Going with an expectation he will be there is probably not in the cards. I did meet the co-owner Randy Kienast and he noticed my CMRA jacket and struck up a conversation. Randy is a former AMA racer himself from the 2007 era. He raced with all the greats in the AMA and had his first track day at the age of 34 with one of Jeff Nash's track day events.

He caught the bug like some of us and progressed with the help of Ty Howard to race in the CMRA and then go on to the AMA. He is a good guy in his own right and I can imagine he gets a lot of "what about Ben" dialogue.

I loved the patio (esp with the heaters that allowed us to eat upstairs overlooking an amazing view of downtown Dallas). I was not expecting the food to be anything special. I was wrong. Great burger. Sweet potato fries were quite good. I didn't try the healthier items on the menu as I wanted to try the "main forte" of the restaurant. They had only been open a few days and there were simply no glitches.

I'll be there close to 7:30 but shooting for 7ish. I plan on eating upstairs on the patio. If it is raining a portion of the patio is covered with a TV and couches and very comfortable.

Hope to see some of you there.

Regards,
    Mark
    Dallas TSBA Vice Pres

New Race Bike (2011 ZX10R ABS)

2000 Ducati 996 SPS

GSXR 750 (Retired Track Bike - for sale)

ZX7R 2003

Triumph Sprint 955i

We shall join u sir!
    Ben G
    Dallas Secy & Tres
    "Giallo Duc"
    Quack Addict
    www.goodingcm.com
    Those are your balls. This is your brain. One will steer you into trouble. The other will steer you out of it.

Default 2nd Tuesday of the month TSBA "dinner"

Enjoyed the food "again". Fireman Beer on tap and a double meat burger with sweet potato fries. I ditched half the bread and got the fork out.. Too big to eat a double with my mouth. Yeah.. set it up.. no takers?

Bender joined as well as Ben and his better half Lavonne and Daniel. Dugger and his "way better half" Em showed up later at the Elbow room for drinks after their 8 year anniversary. Think about this folks. Over 8 years with Jimbo. Em deserves an award

Enjoyed Randy (co-owner with Mr. Spies who was still in Valencia doing some testing) talking about how he broke his leg at TWS and crashed Ty's 7Fiddy years ago. You could tell how talking about his racing days made him wish he was still out there. We'll get him back on the track. Just a matter of time He just needs to see how slow I am and it will be fun to come off of years of racing and pass me on the first practice I am sure.

Patio was very comfy. Well fed, good beer ( I was not riding), and a couple of cigars later and it is official -- The best "PARTIO" in Dallas.

Bender is always so much skinnier than the last time we see him we all do a double take and ask "who the F are you" and realize it is him. Then we of course ask "who the F invited you" LOL. Seriously - admire his dedication to losing those pounds.

No real TSBA business was discussed as this was "just dinner" Look to other post for TSBA related business items.

You guys should check out Stackhouse Burgers if you are anywhere near downtown. A great treat.

Regards,
    Mark
    Dallas TSBA Vice Pres

2000 Ducati 996 SPS

ZX7R 2003

Triumph Sprint 955i

Can you say who it is comparable to? I am always looking for a good burger.

I could convince Kersten to go some time, and will I need quarters to park or do they have a lot?
    "If you have to sign a wavier, it is probably worth doing."

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap

Default stackhouse

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_02 View Post
    Can you saw who it is comparable to? I am always looking for a good burger.

I could convince Kersten to go some time, and will I need quarters to park or do they have a lot?
    Patio is not comparable to anywhere. Best there is. Food is very good. Burger is better than Jakes for sure. Better than Chili's. Probably best I have had.

I was there Thursday with the Motopia gang and Ben Spies was upstairs. I just missed meeting him as he left before I could get up there to meet him.

regards,
    Mark
    Dallas TSBA Vice Pres

2000 Ducati 996 SPS

ZX7R 2003

Triumph Sprint 955i

Quote Originally Posted by fairing lurker View Post
    Burger is better than Jakes for sure. Better than Chili's. Probably best I have had.
    Really?? I'm a huge fan of Bone Daddy's and Burger Island. This place is close to work, I'm going to have to try it. No chance of getting me there other than lunch or right after work though. It's an hour away from home (w/o traffic) and we are actually looking at property between Melissa and Anna so even further away. You Metro types enjoy it in your skin tight $100 t-shirts. Remember not to wear white in the cold.
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Burger Island Whoop Whoop!

Other places I like:
    Bottle Cap Alley
    Mooyahs
    Ted E's
    Chapps
    Love Shack
    Dutch's

Oh and the ever famous Meer's in Lawton Ok.
    "If you have to sign a wavier, it is probably worth doing."

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap

Loco Coyote double with bacon. Try that without a fork!

Chris
    2008 Buell XB12X Ulysses
    2004 KTM 450 MXC
    1996 Bimota SB6
    1988 Honda Hurricane 1000
    1974 Norton Commando 850

Email tsba.ftw@gmail.com to inquire about the Fort Worth Chapter of TSBA.
    https://sites.google.com/site/tsbaftw/Home

Quote Originally Posted by CBar View Post
    Loco Coyote double with bacon. Try that without a fork!

Gotz to have one!!! But I think it may be best in a cage. With a driver at that.
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CBar View Post
    Loco Coyote double with bacon.
    Set up a ride and let's go! Tobin and I went there a while back...time for a return trip.
    Ben H.

Quote Originally Posted by bjhughes View Post
    Set up a ride and let's go! Tobin and I went there a while back...time for a return trip.

please please please!!
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata