Thread: German Shepherds

Default German Shepherds

Anyone know a breeder or where I can get a young one here in Texas?
    Been trying to price them and everywhere I look online they are selling show dogs.

I would like something on the young side so I can still train it, prefer a pup but a teen will work if it has been trained a little. Just looking a a companion and a little house protection. I would like it to be male and Black , not ready to buy yet but as soon as my lease is up and we move I would like to have an idea where to look at what one will cost me.
    Last edited by wrx_02; March 12th, 2012 at 11:27 AM.
    "If you have to sign a wavier, it is probably worth doing."

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap

http://ntxgsdrescue.org/

F1 (member b4 your time) adopted a 1yr old from a rescue. It ended up having some aggression issues. If you plan on making babies with that new wifey of yours, I'd suggest a pup you can mold from the get go.

If you decide you want a non rescue pup, I know some non-breeder breeders (family pet having puppies type).
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by ZedX View Post
    http://ntxgsdrescue.org/

F1 (member b4 your time) adopted a 1yr old from a rescue. It ended up having some aggression issues. If you plan on making babies with that new wifey of yours, I'd suggest a pup you can mold from the get go.

If you decide you want a non rescue pup, I know some non-breeder breeders (family pet having puppies type).

We are not talking about having kids but it may happen. I would like one I can mold on my own for this reason and a young one that is socialized very well and still under a year old so I can still train him.

Non-Breeder family types would be perfect. I just want to make sure it's not someone just trying to make money the wrong way.

I will be looking to get one for sure this summer.
    "If you have to sign a wavier, it is probably worth doing."

CMRA #728

Brandon
    2006 GSXR600 Trackbike
    2007 Aprilia SR50
    1964 Vespa ET3 motorswap

Quote Originally Posted by wrx_02 View Post
    Non-Breeder family types would be perfect. I just want to make sure it's not someone just trying to make money the wrong way.
    We originally wanted to breed ours and keep a pup, but she ended up having bad alergies so we had her fixed. I didn't want to chance passing on the issue. It's a shame b/c she has a perfect family pet disposition.

I talked to the woman we got ours from. She doesn't know anyone planning a liter right now, but provided me the info on the breeder the father came from. She says the facilities are very clean and plenty of staff to socialize the dogs. Mind you this is second hand info...I have no first hand experience with them. If you Google you'll find plenty of websites for household type sellers. Just visit whatever breeder you choose before making a descision.

Live Oak Kennel in Blum Texas
    liveoakkennel.com
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata