Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So long ago

Default So long ago

Wow, I was talking to Cindy the other night and we got to talking about TSBA stuff and we asked each other when was the last time we had posted up or even looked at any threads, turns out its been a long while.

For me, my PC is now down in the shop and too far away from the house to get wireless, so I need to get some sort of booster or something. Thats why I have not been on lately.

Things in Okieville are good, bad drought this past summer, same as everywhere else I suppose. Had some decent weather this spring and no tornados or severe weather here. We have a big cellar to go to but its outside, water in the bottom of it, full of spiders and scorpions. We're building an addition to the house and the new cellar in inside, moisture and critter free.

Still have the GPZ and I've been riding it to work lately and it is still chugging along. Put a new clutch in it but it really did not need the disc. Turns out the springs were the issue, just too short, worn out.

Cindy still has the Nighthawk but she does not ride all that much. There are no SMRs like we're used to. Around here its all cruisers and poker runs. We ride in a few and have met some new friends, its fun, but nothing like riding with you guys.
    Chris Donnelly
    '96 GPZ1100, '93 750 Nighthawk
    '98 Ford Explorer
    Ada, OK

I miss the old days, too. everyone seems to have scattered to the winds or are so tied up with life they haven't made it out to ride with the group.
    scott

03 aprilia tuono
    04 suzuki gsx-r 600 track toy

Quote Originally Posted by scottm View Post
    I miss the old days, too. everyone seems to have scattered to the winds or are so tied up with life they haven't made it out to ride with the group.
    It's because you've gotten too fast and everyone is embarrassed.
    Staton Shed

06 Kawasaki ZX10R
    94 Ducati 900 SS/SP
    02 XR400R street legal

Quote Originally Posted by tojo92 View Post
    It's because you've gotten too fast and everyone is embarrassed.
    nah, I've just been sand-bagging for years. yeah, that's the ticket.
    scott

03 aprilia tuono

How weird. Scott and I were discussing the people leaving TSBA Houston, Mike J, Staton, Lewis, Tim V going to Alaska, and the many others leaving the area) and others that do no seem to have interest anymore doing their thing elsewhere.

We meet a guy from the past last riding with TSBA in 2002 and the only one left from that time frame is Tim V.

Me I began riding in 2006 and Tim V seems to be the only one left on a consistency from that time frame.

Oh, Staton, I did put some pressure, at times, on Scott to make it interesting today. Although we had to be politically correct a couple of times.

Nice to hear from you Chris.

Je Ne Sais Quoi? All I want is a fast ride.
    (alias Fred) bringing u Rickey Torres Racing - Muchisimo
    www.lubedealer.com/ggsoal

Quote Originally Posted by derf View Post
    Oh, Staton, I did put some pressure, at times, on Scott to make it interesting today.
    wait - I wasn't trying... were you?

scott

03 aprilia tuono

How weird. Scott and I were discussing the people leaving TSBA Houston, Mike J, Staton, Lewis, Tim V going to Alaska, and the many others leaving the area) and others that do no seem to have interest anymore doing their thing elsewhere.

We meet a guy from the past last riding with TSBA in 2002 and the only one left from that time frame is Tim V.
    I've been riding with the group since '98. Roy used to lead up some really good, and usually very long, rides with about a consistent dozen riders every weekend. Good times.
    Pete

Good to hear from ya Spank! Its amazing how fast time flys by. I've been traveling a lot up to Tulsa for work and we also have a lot going on in western OK but I believe your more near OKC. Tulsa seems to have a lot of sportbikes running around. I haven't been on the bike much and with it being 7yrs old I'm sitting at just under 20k miles. Back in the day with the Roy super rides I was putting on over 10k a year. Maybe its time to trade in the GPZ for a Harley or maybe a trike? Those are much more poker run friendly machines.
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Spank Daddy View Post
    Wow, I was talking to Cindy the other night and we got to talking about TSBA stuff
    Wow! I was just thinking of you guys on Sat. I was at work and thinking of hijacking an Austin thread on the board and thought of the "Hijack Police" and the 'Big Spank Daddy!' and what he was up to. Good to hear from ya Chris, be sure and tell Cindy I said "HI!"

The club as a whole seems to be on a bit of a slow streak as of late. These things are cyclical and it will pick back up. I think the uncertainty of the economy is part of our problem and hope after Nov things pick up all over!

I did hear that Houston was planning the HTH IBI, so we're still on track for some riding!
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I've been riding with the group since '98.
    Old timer!

Hasn't Stuart, Kent, Charles (Charles is still a member, right?)... haven't they all been around since 2002? And where's Shreck been? He finally get completely domesticated?
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Anyone remember this ride?

Picture is taken in Comfort Texas. I'm not sure if Roy W was still riding with the club at this time, but I know Louis R was and he could cover ground as well as Roy anyday!

It was an impromptu inter chapter ride that started out as an Austin / SA ride. A bunch of the Killeen riders decided to come down for it, which prompted quite a few from Houston to make a day ride to the Hill Country. The ride saw us go clear out and do Hwy 55. The Houston gang logged over 600 miles for the day!

We had just over 50 bikes do the ride, we roughly figured the accumulated mileage for the day at 25,000 miles, and not once incident. I've always felt that day / ride speaks volumes about TSBA and it's members.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

I sure do. That must have been around '02? Roy was there, his unique FZR600 with the single headlight is in the front row. My red ZX6R is three bikes away to the left of his. That was a good time!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by Inlaw1 View Post

I did hear that Houston was planning the HTH IBI, so we're still on track for some riding!
    There's has been some talk of heading north this year for a change up.

You know, closer to where Chris lives.
    Stuart
    Treas.-Houston Chapter
    FZ1
    GSXR 750

Questions about TSBA Houston? Contact me: thermalser@aol.com

Yeah, I'm still around dang it! Heck, I even made the last meeting. Good to hear from you Chris! Been adding dirt to my diet, though feeling the pull of another track bike. I still commute when I can on the FZ and try to make all the IBI's.
    =================
    10 R1200GS
    07 WR450F
    I'm on a bus on a psychodelic trip reading murder books and tryin' to stay hip.

I'm around too and since 2001 or early 2002. Did some trackdays last year and moslty rode the street with the wife as a passanger. I am taking a sabbatical from track this year - got a new boy in the house, so I'm dad for now.

Oskar Kudla
    My Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/kudlao

Circa 2004: HWY 55: Still have the R1

Oskar Kudla
    My Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/kudlao

I'm still here too... You guys crack me up!
    Schreck

Jeff lives in Round Rock and we keep saying we are going to take the bikes down there with a couple of our friends, but it seems like life keeps getting in the way.

Cindy and I usually car pool, we only work 2 miles apart. I told her I was letting "life" slip away, that's when I dusted off the GPZ and started riding it to work. Tony is 10 now and does not fall asleep on the back anymore. he actually enjoys riding so its sort of fun to take him with us now to see some sites.

The best thing about being here is NO TRAFFIC. Think of that ride between Cat Springs and Fayetteville at nine in the morning on Sunday. That's how it is around here all the time. It's really quiet and peacefull, everyone is realy easy going and polite, very conservative.
    Chris Donnelly
    '96 GPZ1100, '93 750 Nighthawk
    '98 Ford Explorer
    Ada, OK

Thumbs up TSBA OLD DAYS !!

We used to have to get breakfast AND lunch on those rides !. I remember a few 400 miler's with Roy ,Louis, Pete, etc...

I guess track days and personal things changed the rides a lot.

T/C, Scotty.
    Kerrville
    Scotty

A lot of old coots showing up in this thread.
    Stuart
    Treas.-Houston Chapter
    FZ1
    GSXR 750

Questions about TSBA Houston? Contact me: thermalser@aol.com

Scott's new found speed has so intimidated me that I spend what riding time I have at the track but that hasn't helped, so maybe that Goldwing...
    David H
    '06 Ducati Sport Classic 1000
    ​'05 R6 (track)
    "Time and tide wait for no man..."

Since everyone is doing track days I guess I will buy new leathers and go do some track days. Look out when I lose 60 lbs so I can flatten down on the tank as Ty Howard will see me fly by him and Scott.

Je Ne Sais Quoi? All I want is a fast ride.
    (alias Fred) bringing u Rickey Torres Racing - Muchisimo
    www.lubedealer.com/ggsoal

Ninja Master 10R is offline AKA "The TicketMaster" I look better on video...

Let's just see about that$
    Kasey Lewis
    2011 RGV Chapter Vice President
    Cell: 956-227-5765
    kasey.lewis@valleyarmature.com

"I did it because i could, not because i thought it was smart!"

CMRA #272 Novice
    2008 ZX-10R Jack Daniels Bike

2001 GSXR600 Coca-Cola Bike
    2002 GSXR600 VAE/Amsoil Race Bike

Default OMG YOU DID'nt

Since everyone is doing track days I guess I will buy new leathers and go do some track days. Look out when I lose 60 lbs so I can flatten down on the tank as Ty Howard will see me fly by him and Scott.
    Dude please take that back!!!

Yo soy EL Vice' Presidente 2010...2011....going fishing..

08 CONCOURS

01 GSXR-R 600 TRACK/STREET BIKTCH

Bad decisions make good stories if you survive ......

Chris good hearing from ya I to am goin further away from H town with a larger family and work (oil boom) it is very dificult to get the bikes out ! But the IBI is are vacation for the year and plan on it!

Yo soy EL Vice' Presidente 2010...2011....going fishing..

08 CONCOURS

01 GSXR-R 600 TRACK/STREET BIKTCH

Bad decisions make good stories if you survive ......