Thread: Hidden Falls

Default Hidden Falls

Snuck out to HF Sunday for a 1/2 day ride. Temps were good...not perfect, still a little warm, (I rode from 3pm until about 6pm) but not bad. Tried my new 'Heat Out' gear...impressive and effective.
    Got in about 35 miles!
    PL Laird

2012 Yamaha FZ8
    My other bike is a Dubya Arr Fo Fiddy Eff

"Good judgment comes from experience,...experience comes from bad judgment."

Check out the TSBA Austin Chapter on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. PL View Post
    Snuck out to HF Sunday for a 1/2 day ride. Temps were good...not perfect, still a little warm, (I rode from 3pm until about 6pm) but not bad. Tried my new 'Heat Out' gear...impressive and effective.
    Got in about 35 miles!
    Heat out gear? review please!

Yo soy EL Vice' Presidente 2010...2011....going fishing..

08 CONCOURS

01 GSXR-R 600 TRACK/STREET BIKTCH

Bad decisions make good stories if you survive ......

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/product...hns/web1010129

Bryan and Deb suggested that I try it. I bought the shorts and short sleeve shirt (which is really a 3/4 length sleeve). They advertise that it wicks moisture (read as sweat) from your skin and affords evaporative cooling. I wore it off road under my pants and jersey, and I have to say that it does provide cooling. When you are sitting still it's not so noticable unless you happen to catch a breeze. A really good breeze will actually feel cold. When you are moving and getting some airflow, it really does feel cooler. Again, this was on dirt riding relatively slow speeds...I can imagine on the street it would would be more noticable, especially wearing mesh. Bryan and Deb could put up a street review.
    PL Laird

2012 Yamaha FZ8

Actully they come in black. Deborah wears them doing her MSF classes and she is standing in the sun all day. She says they are better the the under armer she use to wear (even that they are black). I have worn them on street rides and yes as you stand in the heat it is not bad even with a jacket on. But a breeze is like a cool fan blowing on you. Start riding and its cold. You stay very comfortable in the hot days of summer.
    Bryan B.
    2009 - 2012 San Antonio Chapter President
    Email Me.

04' ZX12R (Gone was a nice ride)
    11' ZX10R (OMG )

I got Bryan to post in the off road section! Now, go buy a dirt bike you old coot and come ride with me and Carl!
    PL Laird

2012 Yamaha FZ8