Thread: Paging Gary Stoops, Roy Wileman is back!

Default Paging Gary Stoops, Roy Wileman is back!

Hi Gary,

I just got a phone call from Roy Wileman. He's back in Houston and would like for you to call him at 281-814-3760. Seems he wants to get another bike and go riding with us again!
    Tim Vipond
    2006 K1200LT with 70,000 AMSOIL (changed yearly) road miles, 3 AMSOIL MSRH laps
    AMSOIL Dealer
    http://www.lubedealer.com/TimVipond/ cell 713-301-1872 25% discounts available.

The 'Wildman is alive?!! Awesome! We were just talking about him the other day. Been on quite a few rides with Roy. Would look forward to more..

Thanks for passing it along, Tim.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

You're welcome Gary! Roy said he's be trying to live down that "d" that some want to add to his last name! He has apparently survived the jungles of Brazil and is now back working. Another nickname was "Mr. GPS" as he would lead many rides and it was hardly ever the same route. I think he rode an old Yamaha 600? He knew all the local roads. He was a local "legend".

He'd like to hear from his old riding buddies. He does read this forum, but is unable to post as he has not kept up his membership, so feel free to leave him messages or comments here. This ought to be good...
    Tim Vipond
    AMSOIL Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Vipond View Post
    This ought to be good...
    Yea, Mr. GPS. That's him, and he did have a 600. Before that an FJ when I had mine. But before that he was an animal on Manga's and Seca's from what I hear.

And if he's reading this then..... PAY YER STINKIN DUES! Then you can post up. And I know of a sweet '06 FJR in OKC that just came up for sale, owned by a very anal Yamaha owner that knows the legend of the Wildman.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

He tells me he is looking at a 1995 ST1100. Red, of course.

We might even do a little AMSOIL business together. Seems he has "connections".
    Tim Vipond
    AMSOIL Dealer

Tell Roy I said hi and I still have that motorcycle trailer. Everytime I use it I think about him.
    Chris Donnelly
    '96 GPZ1100, '93 750 Nighthawk
    '98 Ford Explorer
    Ada, OK