Thread: Check your pressures

Exclamation Check your pressures

I went for a ride today with Randall and assumed the tire pressures were o.k. or at least close to normal.

WRONG

My front tire had 21 psi. and the rear had 24 psi.
    I could not believe how low they were and this was after riding for a few hours.
    I knew the front felt bad but I had attributed it to the worn profile on the front tire.(10,000 miles)

I put these tires on a few weeks ago after doing the track day at 38 psi.
    Makes me wonder if someone is messing with my bike during the day while at work or I have a slow leak? I will check tomorrow for a leak. or beat someones a**

DON'T ASSUME

Mark
    VFR1200F

Do you change your own tires? If so, how old are your valves? I had some on the Duc get weak. Never found the leak b/c it only released air at higher speeds. Drove me nuts chasing why I was loosing air intermittently. ...just something to check...
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Quote Originally Posted by ZedX View Post
    Do you change your own tires? If so, how old are your valves? I had some on the Duc get weak. Never found the leak b/c it only released air at higher speeds. Drove me nuts chasing why I was loosing air intermittently. ...just something to check...
    I have a set of Italian aluminum valve stems that are all metal and are angled at 90 degrees to eliminate the depressed valve stem at higher speeds as well as valve stem caps with rubber washers. I changed the tires myself about 3 weeks ago and put 38 psi. I have lost pressure over time, but not 17 psi in 3 weeks.
    I will change the inner vavle core just to be sure the seal is good. Thanks for the input.
    Mark
    VFR1200F