Thread: 2011 Ninja 1000

Default 2011 Ninja 1000

Tossing around the idea of selling the old man Ninja. Just hasn't gotten much use with its total mileage since new being what I used to do in a month or two (approx. 3k). It has both a reprogramed ecu and Bazzaz FI tuner with the 02 auto-tuner. It has a full Akropovic 4-2-2 SS exhaust with CF tips. double buble windscreen which is adjustable for angle. Front axle slider and frame sliders. The frame slider were designed to barely stick out from the plastics so they offer protection without looking like Harley highway bars. Asking price is $9500 which is pretty firm as-is. If I don't get any interest here, it'll just go to a shop for consignment sell. Not bothering with listing elsewhere. Also have a Kendon dual bike trailer for sell and willing to work a combo deal or separate. 04 Ninja 636 track bike for sell also. ...yes...leaving the sport for now. Never thought I'd say that, but I've lost interest after riding since I was 5 years old. The Jeep is now my primary toy and takes up all available weekends.
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

Nice bike and glws. If I was interested in riding on the street again this would be the bike I'd go for.

You did keep this one longer than I thought you would.
    People told me I was going to get old, I didn't believe them

Carl
    San Antonio Chapter

Quote Originally Posted by CarlT View Post
    You did keep this one longer than I thought you would.
    Personally I think it's the perfect street bike. Upright ergos, with sport bike weight and handling and a full fairing. The wife was shaking her head in disapproval as I was posting it. Its paid for and hurts nothing sitting waiting for use, but I'm wanting to fund a custom 9" Ford rear axle with Detroit locker and a custom full welded in roll cage for the Jeep. Yup...this coon@ss went full redneck. I'm of two minds about selling it. Won't hurt my feeling if it doesn't sell but hate to see it sit there all lonely like. The track bike can go though. If I ever get around to finishing installing the wire harness I'll probably dump the whole set up for $3k or less if someone wants it as is. It's basically all your good parts (plus lots of spares from the donor bike) moved over to a track bike that was wrecked. I sold off the titled frame and broken motor. Your old motor dropped a valve 4 track sessions into my ownership. I wouldn't suggest that mechanic to anyone.... Anyway, lost interest and never got around to finishing the electrical and refilling the fluids. ...there it sits.
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata

actual mileage is just over 2k and has been ridden maybe 100 miles since this last post. Battery stays on a tender and fuel gets siphoned for the lawnmower and replaced with fresh and stable pretty much monthly. I've been too lazy to bring it anywhere and would entertain quick sell offers in the vicinity of the previous asking price.

I bought an LS3 powerred Miata for my speed kicks. All my toys have roll bars or cages these days. My motorcycle days are done. I don't have a bike trailer anymore but for the right sale price could meet somewhere with it on my car hauler.

The track bike collects dust too. Never finished installed the wiring harness after the motor swap. Maybe I'll part it out one day though it's likely an hour's work from running. I'd take insulting offers on it for it to go away.
    Michael
    445whp LS3 Miata