Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Fall IBI 2013

IS IT FRIDAY YET??!!

PL Laird

2012 Yamaha FZ8
    My other bike is a Dubya Arr Fo Fiddy Eff

"Good judgment comes from experience,...experience comes from bad judgment."

Check out the TSBA Austin Chapter on Facebook

I'm probably out. Didn't get enough work done. If I can hustle in the AM, I might be able to pull it off. But unlikely. I'll update in the morning.
    Dan H.
    '01 ZRX
    GPz 550
    ZX7 M1 ('93 WSB version)

Quote Originally Posted by Danoh1 View Post
    I'm probably out. Didn't get enough work done. If I can hustle in the AM, I might be able to pull it off. But unlikely. I'll update in the morning.
    Ok. I'll check here in the a.m.
    Doug Smith
    \'01 Yamaha FZ1

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. PL View Post
    IS IT FRIDAY YET??!!

It's Friday!!!
    Bryan B.
    2009 - 2012 San Antonio Chapter President
    Email Me.

04' ZX12R (Gone was a nice ride)
    11' ZX10R (OMG )

I am iffy. I have some things I must get done and I'm already behind. Let's shoot for Valero at high noon. wait no more than 5 minutes for me. Send me a text, and I'll update my plans directly. Won't have computer access for a while.

210 296 5401
    Dan H.
    '01 ZRX
    GPz 550
    ZX7 M1 ('93 WSB version)

Great IBI again! We spent most of the day Saturday dodging the rain (or trying to), but it was still a great time non-the-less. We broke in to 3 groups...if someone has a total bike count post it up...I never got a final count. No tickets and no mishaps!
    Thanks to our ride leaders and sweepers for bringin us all home safe. And a special thanks to Bryan who put together 2 EXCELLENT meals for us...hamburgers on Friday night and ribs and sausage on Saturday night!

We had a great turnout. It was good to see everyone again and to finally meet some of the guys from the Houston and Ft Worth chapters. Thanks to all who made the trip!!

(I spelled your name right this time Bryan.)
    Last edited by Mr. PL; September 29th, 2013 at 03:55 PM.
    PL Laird

2012 Yamaha FZ8

After Scott met up with us in Leakey, we had 9 riders in our group. Enjoyed the hospitality on Friday and Saturday night. My throat is still sore from all the Heys! Also, I think I left a black mini-mag flashlight up on the table Friday night if someone finds an extra. Special thanks to Bryan and Deborah for all the food.
    -mike benson

"Your life will change when you change the way you look at life."

Quote Originally Posted by wonderdawg View Post
    After Scott met up with us in Leakey, we had 9 riders in our group. Enjoyed the hospitality on Friday and Saturday night. My throat is still sore from all the Heys! Also, I think I left a black mini-mag flashlight up on the table Friday night if someone finds an extra. Special thanks to Bryan and Deborah for all the food.
    HEEEYYYY
    Staton Shed

06 Kawasaki ZX10R
    94 Ducati 900 SS/SP
    02 XR400R street legal

Quote Originally Posted by wonderdawg View Post
    My ears are still sore from all the HEYS! I think I have permanent tenitus in one ear, and Mongo scared the crap out of our hot tube visitors!
    We had 6 and Bryan had 4 (I think)...so 19 riders. With the good natured, tolerant spouses that came along, we had something on the order of 25ish!! Not bad!
    Mike, next time bring the Grom!
    PL Laird

2012 Yamaha FZ8

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. PL View Post
    My ears are still sore from all the HEYS! I think I have permanent tenitus in one ear, and Mongo scared the crap out of our hot tube visitors!
    We had 6 and Bryan had 4 (I think)...so 19 riders. With the good natured, tolerant spouses that came along, we had something on the order of 25ish!! Not bad!
    Mike, next time bring the Grom!

You are correct with the 19 riders. I would like to thank everybody that made it to the IBI even those that just road for the day. No thickets unless Gary got one on the way home.

I'm glade everybody liked the food.
    Last edited by Bryan; September 29th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

Food was outstanding; company, even better.

Thanks to all for the hospitality.

Mongo
    Last edited by tojo92; September 29th, 2013 at 06:09 PM.
    Staton Shed

06 Kawasaki ZX10R
    94 Ducati 900 SS/SP
    02 XR400R street legal

PL Laird

2012 Yamaha FZ8

I had a great time. Thanks to everyone for the hospitality and entertainment. (Next time someone please stop me if I start drinking good scotch from a taco stand plastic tumbler...)
    Last edited by scottm; September 30th, 2013 at 01:05 PM. Reason: spelling like mongo...
    scott

03 aprilia tuono
    04 suzuki gsx-r 600 track toy

Quote Originally Posted by scottm View Post
    Next time someone please stop me if I start drinking good scotch from a taco stand plastic tumbler...
    Not a chance in HELL.
    Staton Shed

06 Kawasaki ZX10R
    94 Ducati 900 SS/SP
    02 XR400R street legal

Great pictures. Wished I could have made it!
    Ray Forsbach
    01' Triumph 955i
    05' Kawasaki ZRX1200R
    02' BMW R1150RT

Txmotofoto.com has the pictures up.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

Also I just noticed that they used Jackie’s picture to represent the sport/Sport Touring pictures.
    Bryan B.
    Email Me.

11' ZX10R (OMG )

Another fun IBI! Yolanda and I both enjoyed it. Good roads, fantastic food, much drink & great people! Thanks to Bryan for the providing Fridays delicious hamburgers & those awesome ribs on Saturday.

Pics & comments:

Basic sleeping cabins overlooking the Koyote Ranch grounds. You can hear people at the Mercantile below in conversation, and some guy on the other end of the grounds screaming "HEY"

After Fridays mid-afternoon ride, it was time to mix a drink or few & hit the pool/hot tub ...

Stuart, Kent, John (JRed)... you really should have been here, to defend yerself from the smack these two were jawing about ya

Saturday a.m. ... the 'day' riders show up & the ride groups form ...

Missing from photo ... Scott M (suffering from the 15 year old scotch in plastic taco shop cup consumption syndrome):

Chris, Allen(behind Chris) and Carl from TSBA - Ft. Worth, along with friend from Seguin -glad you were able to come ...

Lunch at the Bent Rim in Leakey for two ride groups...

While at the Bent Rim, we saw a group of 8-9 riders on Cushman Scooters, out riding the Three Sisters. As they left the parking lot, they sounded like little Harleys, putt-putting away. Went about as fast as Harleys usually go, too ...

All day long, our group had successfully dodged the heavy rain. We ALMOST made it back to Koyote Ranch when we got soaked by a downpour. So, when we got in, out of the wet riding gear, into the swim trunks, pour another after ride drink & back for more R & R before the bbq ribs.

D@mn, Bryan. Do your legs ever see sunlight?

After chowing down on those ribs, some went back to the hot-tub for some more socializing. Ten minutes after this picture was taken, some other resort guests from a wedding party told us about the motorcycle gang that held a bash there the previous weekend, and Koyote Ranch had to drain the pool / hot-tub for cleaning, due to the big orgy they had.

Sunday ... packed it up, said goodbyes to all, but stopped by the Apple Store in Medina, for great burger & apple ice cream ...

Since we live 65 miles away from Medina, my total mileage was only 495 miles. Enjoyed every one of them. I'm ready to do it again!

Link to all 25 pics - http://s48.photobucket.com/user/doug...A%20IBI%202013
    Last edited by Doug; October 1st, 2013 at 11:45 PM. Reason: A few fixes.
    Doug Smith
    \'01 Yamaha FZ1

Next year.

Glade every one had a safe and fun ride.
    Am seeing the back Doc on Thursday. I hope he says every thing is on track to be out of this brace by the end of OCT.
    \02 BMW R1150 GS-Adventure
    \14 Yamaha FZ8
    \66 Ducati 160 monza Jr

>Where is that dictin....dicshi...dick..TERRI!!!(As I yell for my wife)How do you spell dictionary...Thank you.

Great shots once again Doug! I had a great time as always with the TSBA hooligans and look forward to the next ride. Great to finally meet some of the FW clan. I'd post up some still pics of my own, but they are pretty much the same as Doug's.

I do have some video though. I'd mute the sound, forgot to mute the mic and it's all wind noise for the most part. I need to do a remote mic and mount it back by the pipes so the video gets more engine sound rather than wind noise. Also, keep in mind my camera is mounted off the left side fairing and many times makes me look right on, or over the line (not that I didn't cross it once, or twice )

FM 337 in the rain.

Hwy 55
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Looks like a good time was had by all!
    Stuart
    Treas.-Houston Chapter
    FZ1
    GSXR 750

Questions about TSBA Houston? Contact me: thermalser@aol.com

Yeah, I was about to say the same thing. Thanks for sharing the pictures!! See you all soon.
    Schreck

Did anyone else hit what I think were stink bugs? I hear they are making a come back. I hit a couple of bugs during the ride, one on the way home and the smell made me gag! Smelled like dead bodies. ACK! A ton of Frebreeze hasn't gotten it all out of the helmet yet. Gonna have to wash the liner.

Hit a huge downpour on the NW side while on 1604. Didn't get wet thanks to the suit. Hwy 16 was like ice in a couple of spots. Even crawling along thought I was going off one corner it was so slippery. Never seen it like that.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Sorry I have not thanked everyone for that great weekend experience. My wife enjoyed her time in the hill country. Boy was I rusty. Lost my skills that need to be honed up. Tracks days in 2014 is a good place to begin. Have 2001 Stinger Suzi 750 for the purpose of getting me in shape.

Je Ne Sais Quoi? All I want is a fast ride.
    (alias Fred) bringing u Rickey Torres Racing - Muchisimo
    www.lubedealer.com/ggsoal