Thread: Old Bikes Found.... And Who Still Lurks?

Default Old Bikes Found.... And Who Still Lurks?

Two reasons for this thread. The first is to give you something interesting bike related. Some old barn find bikes:

The second part of this thread, I know some folks still stop by. I stop by once a week or so but have been negligent in posting up anything at all. This does give the impression that no one is here and I know that's not quite the case. It's certainly true this site doesn't generate the traffic like it used to, but I know there are some lurkers. While I don't ride as much as I used to, and not as much as I'd like. I do get out and ride and would hate to loose decent riding buddies, and the friends I made, such as I found through TSBA.

So, for giving you something interesting to read about old bikes, say hello!
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

super cool pics!
    And the tiller lurking :/
    \02 BMW R1150 GS-Adventure
    \14 Yamaha FZ8
    \66 Ducati 160 monza Jr

>Where is that dictin....dicshi...dick..TERRI!!!(As I yell for my wife)How do you spell dictionary...Thank you.

Still kickin! Road up to Luchenbach couple of weeks ago. I am definitely out of shape.
    -mike benson

"Your life will change when you change the way you look at life."

Fort Worth still has a decent group that meets monthly. I'm still riding frequently, though mostly solo. FTW will have a small group riding to MotoGP this year.

Hopefully there will be an Arkansas ride. We've been trying to organize an Arkansas ride for a couple of years, but people's schedules never align.

As far as forum activity, I just don't participate on any forums anymore. I am happy to see that our forum is still here.
    Chris
    2008 Buell XB12X Ulysses
    2004 KTM 450 MXC
    1996 Bimota SB6
    1988 Honda Hurricane 1000
    1974 Norton Commando 850

Email tsba.ftw@gmail.com to inquire about the Fort Worth Chapter of TSBA.
    https://sites.google.com/site/tsbaftw/Home

I'm still around. We actually had a Arkansas ride in September.

Darren
    Last edited by dbaldwin; January 19th, 2016 at 02:49 PM.
    Darren Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by wonderdawg View Post
    Still kickin! Road up to Luchenbach couple of weeks ago. I am definitely out of shape.
    Rode what? The bicycle? Or the scooter?

Doug keeps buggin me to get out on a ride and I keep saying I'm going to. Seems like it's been raining every weekend up until here lately. Probably should get something going, and will soon. Stay tuned.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by dbaldwin View Post
    I'm still around. We actually had a Arkansas ride in September.

Darren
    I'm going AR in April with some FJR doods I've been riding with for years. But, we should think about a Fall AR ride. Maybe promote it as a TSBA reunion ride?
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by Inlaw1 View Post
    Rode what? The bicycle? Or the scooter?

Doug keeps buggin me to get out on a ride and I keep saying I'm going to. Seems like it's been raining every weekend up until here lately. Probably should get something going, and will soon. Stay tuned.
    Sold the bicycle. Sold the Grom. Still riding' the SV.

Bought a massage chair.
    Last edited by wonderdawg; January 21st, 2016 at 11:59 AM.
    -mike benson

Bought a massage chair.

We need to get you out on that SV a little more. And I need to exercise the FJR a little more than commuting.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by dbaldwin View Post
    I'm still around.

Darren
    Darren, you've got a PM
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Rarely ride on the weekends anymore. Maybe once a month, sometimes with other groups or just friends I call up.
    Rarely check the site, but most likely i will post any ride i intend on doing just to throw it out there.
    Mark
    VFR1200F

Quote Originally Posted by ST Mark View Post
    Rarely ride on the weekends anymore. Maybe once a month, sometimes with other groups or just friends I call up.
    Rarely check the site, but most likely i will post any ride i intend on doing just to throw it out there.
    That would be good Mark. I'm trying, trying, trying to get out and ride. So keep it up and I will too. I'm sure we can make it happen soon.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Still around. Look in here every couple months. I took a long break when my kids were born startin in 2012, but I am getting back in. Actually did 3 trackdays in last 6 months and ride with my wife on weekends (my fridays off actually).

Oskar Kudla
    My Pics: http://picasaweb.google.com/kudlao

Oskar! Good to hear from you. Glad your getting back out on the bike for some riding. Been thinking of taking the 929 out for a track day this season. Been way too long.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

stopped by to change my password.

daggum interwebs and hackerz.
    Rob

'84 VF500F
    '01 VFR800FI -- Too sporty for cruisers, too comfortable for squids.

Good to know your still alive! Hope your getting some riding in, at least more than I as of late. Which has pretty much been back and forth to work. Did get a spring AR ride in this year anyway.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Still alive and around.
    Brad Felmey
    2001 Honda GL1800A GoldWing ABS
    1981 Kawasaki KZ440A2 LTD 440
    2014 Honda CB500F
    1991 Harley-Davidson FLHTCU Ultra Classic

But more importantly, are you riding?
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Default i still like my signature line here.

i wouldn't say that i lurk, but every couple of months i check the bike boards. been a spectator since april 2015, and expect that will continue for a few more years. 3 strikes rule. had my 3rd crash since getting back to bikes in 2002. got a little help tipping into t12 at tws. after about 300' of gymnastics, i only broke the bone in the end of my pinky. something to be said for good gear. i credit the $40 collar for saving my neck. zero rash. maximum bruises. the concussion wasn't evident until the next morning, then about 6 weeks of dizzy. so the entire pile of bike stuff went out the door. maybe a nice upscale sedan is what i need?

so i think i'm waiting on the 8th grader to finish school before i venture back to 2 wheels. then it will be track days until the 401k is empty. in the meantime its motgp and wsbk streaming*.

elsewhere, i have the TSBA coffe mug on my desk and some good memories from my short stint with that group of hill country biker trash. i certainly can't thank any of y'all enough for letting me know about track days.

*streaming is why i stopped by today, but didn't see any recent posts related to my trouble. streaming motogp via twc is no-go. it stops after only a few minutes. does this on multiple computers and both home-twc and work-twcbc. the trace routes reveal a big hiccup at one of their hops, but twcbc support won't look into it since the pings continue. streams fine to those same computers using level3 or verizon, but only have twc at home. grrr. oh well, at the office everyday i'm not at the track, so plenty of time to watch.
    DavidB
    When I bite into a York peppermint pattie, it's like turn 1 at TWS.

David! Good to see your still out, about and alive! I was thinking about you the other day. Sorry to hear about the TWS incident, glad it was not worse. And sorry to hear you have hung up the bikes for now, hopefully you will be back on them soon. I still remember chasing you down 16 one of the first times we ran into one another. You were on your first FJR I believe and it was all I could do to hang with you on my CBR! You were an animal on that bike! You needed to do track days as I recall saying to you.

TSBA was good for a lot of folks. I lost count over the years how many folks thanked us for helping them become better riders, or introduce them to a group that wasn't a bunch of free for all maniacs on bikes. Don't know what direction it's going, maybe some kind of alum association. There are still a lot of TSBA folks out there and I always said, once TSBA, always TSBA. If you get that sedan call me, we'll go shred it out in the Hill Country!
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

Quote Originally Posted by davidb View Post
    i wouldn't say that i lurk, but every couple of months i check the bike boards. been a spectator since april 2015, and expect that will continue for a few more years. 3 strikes rule. had my 3rd crash since getting back to bikes in 2002. got a little help tipping into t12 at tws. after about 300' of gymnastics, i only broke the bone in the end of my pinky. something to be said for good gear. i credit the $40 collar for saving my neck. zero rash. maximum bruises. the concussion wasn't evident until the next morning, then about 6 weeks of dizzy. so the entire pile of bike stuff went out the door. maybe a nice upscale sedan is what i need?
    Lone Star Track Days is closing shop 10/7. Texas World Speedway. Hard to believe how fast these last 16 years flew by.
    -mike benson

Hard to believe how fast these last 16 years flew by.
    Really? LSTD isn't going to do any more track days, anywhere? Wow.

As for time flying, yea. The past 30 for me!
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A

More "Old Bikes Found" ...

I rode up to Luckenbach last Saturday, to take in this years Harvest Classic. I got there in the afternoon and missed some of the great old bikes, as the judging was already over. But I did catch a few ...

There was a lot of bikes out on Saturday. Weather was perfect!

Rest of the pix - http://s48.photobucket.com/user/doug...Classic%202016
    Last edited by Doug; October 26th, 2016 at 11:59 PM.
    Doug Smith
    \'01 Yamaha FZ1

Great pictures
    Chris
    2008 Buell XB12X Ulysses
    2004 KTM 450 MXC
    1996 Bimota SB6
    1988 Honda Hurricane 1000
    1974 Norton Commando 850

Email tsba.ftw@gmail.com to inquire about the Fort Worth Chapter of TSBA.
    https://sites.google.com/site/tsbaftw/Home

Yea, very nice picture there Doug! But then, you are pretty good with the camera. The best picture I have of me on my bike was taken by you! Really wanted to get up there this weekend, but Sunday was the only day I would of been able to make it and I was afraid all the bikes would be gone on Sunday. Guess not! Thanks for the post.
    Gary Stoops
    '01 CBR 929RE
    '06 FJR 1300A